xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
suhail1405241546

Free Download Manager(fdm) The Best free download manager for free freeware

I use flashget, very easy to use and does the job pretty well.I remember using DAP before, the free version but it was full of ads and stuff, I'm grateful that I found out about flashget because it's just as good and free.

I used to use this all the time, it was a great program!I mainly used it when I was downloading Linux distros.The only thing I don't like is that it uses almost all of your internet speed whether you have it on high, medium or slow. I didn't like using it because of that.I only used it when I had dial up, since I got broadband about a year ago I don't use it anymore, it's faster and easier just to download things straight through Firefox!

well, don't know about that.I kinda prefer using a download manager (flashget) for large files, because sometimes my connection breaks and firefox doesn't support resuming files, but that's me because of my slow connection, 1024kbps.Maybe your connection is 100Mbit so you don't have to worry much about that... after spending 10 seconds downloading a linux distro and your connection breaks for a sec... you just say "ohh, ok, im just gonna download it again" hahaha, but maybe that's not your case, you just happen to have a very reliable ISP, mine isn't, so using a download manager is a must!

Like Sten to an extent, I mainly used download managers on dialup. They were a definite must for me back then when I needed to download large programs (10mb or so was large for me at the time). When I switched over to broadband, I removed Free Download Manager, and starting downloading with firefox's, and later opera's, built in download manager. I use FDM for very large files though, upwards of 200mb.

I tried using download managers, to download stuff over http, but as usually I don't download a lot through http, I don't use them anymore, downloading through a browser usually is enough for me, for bigger files I usually use ApexDC++ or uTorrent, which don't really need a download manager, they have their own stuff.. Sometimes I think that Download Managers aren't really helpful for your HDD, due to when I use it, seems it's going wild, the Hard Drive I mean, especially if the download speed is quite Good :)