xisto Community
Umar Shah

How To Enable My Site For Credit Card Payments. Want to use my site to transact online using credit crads.

Hi folks,I am planing to accept credit card payment on my site. the site would be developed in php.I want to know how I can do that.are there any pre existing libraries that enable to achieve this. if so what are these and how do I use them.thanks in anticipation.

you might want to check that the fantastico version is the newest version of agoracart (v5.2.002). If not, you can download it and manually install a copy into your website.If you were planning to create your own shopping cart website, there would be lots of work involved. If you didn't want to use the cart, you could allow your users to pay for their items via paypal (they accept credits cards as well as other methods). This would allow your customers to feel like they are paying for their goods in a secure manner via a company that they trust (and has buyer protection).

Accepting payments through PayPal is both easy and secure. I completely agree with Jimmy on the feel good factor that PayPal provides. PayPal too allows setting up a shopping cart [http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/]. One thing to worry about is that your account may be closed without notice, if they receive multiple complaints from others (most likely your competitors). I have heard there are countless lawsuits against them.

Edited by turbopowerdmaxsteel (see edit history)