xisto Community
sunny152

Free Video Editing Software Help

Hello Friends, I'm looking for a free video editing program that can join both audio and video.I seperate .mpg video(without sound) and audio(mp3) files.Now i wan't to mix and allign both audio and video timing correctly and make a movie.Please let me know whether there a free program available?Thanks,Sunny

Personnally, I use avimux for joining (interleaving more precisely) the audio and the video track in my avi movies.
Download AVIMux_GUI 1.17 and also have a look at the other standard tools, from doom9 :
go to http://www.doom9.org/ and then the download section, and "see all tools".
Regards
Yordan

If you can convert the mp3 to WAV than you could try VirtualDub, the only hard thing about using it is that you'll have to know the offset (time difference between the audio and video signal).

MovieMaker2.1Free Video Editing Software Help

You can do that with regular Movie maker 2. As long as you have Windows XP or higher, you just mute the video clip, and import the sound file. 

-reply by Buck

Hello Friends,

I have a video file that I wanna to replace & mix my voice with some part of movie ! I'm looking for a free video editing program

Thanks

I sometimes have double vision as a result of a head injury. This makes reading tough as the first few words of a line in a sentence do not coincide with the last words on that same ever-changing end of a line.  Lines and words constantly shift.

I know there's got to be software out-there that automatically shows different lines in different colors.  Heck, even if it made the pages of a book look like where I record (or reconcile?) my checkbook, even this would make reading more pleasurable.  I suppose every-other line could be 'reverse-video' or something.  Do you know of such a program?

Thanks, Paul Dorsey

-reply by Paul Dorsey

There are lots and lots of sites which offer free softwares. try

This is not the technical answer we expect here. We want you to tell us which software you use, if you are satisfied with it. As stated, there a lot of such ones around here, which one are you using, which are it's strong points?

Hello Friends,

I'm looking for a free video editing program that can join both audio and video.I seperate .mpg video(without sound) and audio(mp3) files.Now i wan't to mix and allign both audio and video timing correctly and make a movie.Please let me know whether there a free program available?

Thanks,

Sunny

I will tell you the five top free video editing softwares that you can use to do whatever you want to do. The methods are a little different and you will have to do some tricks to get your job done but as these are free so I think it is worth some effort because either you have to pay money or you have to do some effort to get your job done.

The softwares are:

Microsoft Movie Maker:

Posted Image

If you use windows xp or higher version of microsoft windows then its the best tool you can get for free. You can use it very easily to merge the audio and video. For further help you can search the internet and you will find lots of information there.

Apple iMovie:

Posted Image

If you are a Mac user then your alternative to the windows movie maker is the apple imovie. It as simple as the windows movie maker but the only difference is of the operating system.

Avid FreeDV:

Posted Image

This software is available for both microsoft windows and for Mac. It has all the basic tools to edit the audio and video separately. It is also very easy to use

Wax:

Posted Image

Wax is in some aspects better than the other free video editting softwares but it also has its own limitations. It is a high performance video editing software where you can do the basic audio and video editing efficiently

Zwei-Stein:

Posted Image

This software is very vast in terms of capabilities but the only problem is in the user interface which is very technical. You need to be an advanced user to use this handy tool

Reference:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Edited by Ahsaniqbal111 (see edit history)