xisto Community
Sohaib1405241555

Whats Wrong In Altec Lansing Sound System ? Problem in Altec Lansing 5.1

Guyz I need your Help. I bought Altec Lansing 5.1 with Creative sound blaster 5.1 sound card. it has two playing systems in it one is stereo system and the other is suuround system.In Stereo system only the front right and front left speaker works with woofer and the other three speaker dont produce any sound.When I switch to surround system all the five speaker works but woofer doesn't produce any sound means no base. so I not getting the proper sound in anyway, I want all the five speakers to work with woofer .... do anybody knows about this issue ???please help me out

How was the physical of your speaker to your sound card? Like how many 3.5mm plug did your speaker have, and how did you hook it up to your sound card?

If the cards software auto-detects changes to that equipment plugged into your computer, it might be something as simple as when you plug in the surround sound your base is muted or really low in the sound mixer settings. Might want to make sure its not something low level like that before looking for more complicated reasons.

If the cards software auto-detects changes to that equipment plugged into your computer, it might be something as simple as when you plug in the surround sound your base is muted or really low in the sound mixer settings. Might want to make sure its not something low level like that before looking for more complicated reasons.

I think those only applies to newer generation sound card, produce in 2006/2007 onwords, which I've only seen around this time frame. But Sohaib is referring to Creative sound blaster 5.1, which is very old. I used to have one of those. It's still quite manual in terms of setting and hooking it up.

Also have a look at the software you are using (same place you would change from stereo to surround). There would have to be an option to turn on/off the subwoofer.