xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
J.C.

Comodo Firewall Pro

Hi everyone. :) I found a great firewall that adapts to your actions to better suit the user. Check it out at https://personalfirewall.comodo.com/

NOTE**** THE FIRST FEW DAYS USING THIS PROGRAM CAN BE A BIT ANNOYING, BUT TOUGH IT OUT AND AFTER IT FINISHES ADAPTING TO YOU, IT IS A GREAT TOOL!!! TRUST ME! :)

I've been using this application for a few months now (I even used when version3.0 it was still in beta) and I must say it's a very capable firewall. In test it might not be the most userfriendly, but it seems to be one of the most secure free firewalls. The Defense+ system is a good addition, tough it asks too much questions making it utterly annoying causing me to disable this function.

I really like the free version it has all the features i would ever need tho it lags when i reboot i don't know why i have 2 gigs ram it shouldn't be acting like that but pro prob has little bit better features then the free one.

I really like the free version it has all the features i would ever need tho it lags when i reboot i don't know why i have 2 gigs ram it shouldn't be acting like that but pro prob has little bit better features then the free one.

The lag may not be caused by insufficient memory (RAM), but too many background programs running with a slow CPU. At the current time, 2GB of RAM is enough for a normal desktop computer.

I have used Comodo Firewall/Comodo Internet Security for quite a while now after reading amazing reviews and recommendations from CNET over a long period of time. I must say that the firewall is certainly impressive, and Defense+ is very good as well. Their antivirus software can be a bit slow though, so now I only keep the Firewall instead of the whole CIS package.There is one thing I don't like about them and that is the default option is to change your computer's DNS settings to their DNS servers. Although most users wouldn't know what DNS is, it could cause problems with their ISP or something. Currently I use OpenDNS, which is probably just as safe as their "safer" DNS system.

I used to use Comodo Firewall as it's free and used to install it on other computers with the setting that to block everything and only allow when something is asking for something and if I know that program then I always allow for it to do something, it's quite good as a firewall solution and I didn't have problems with it. :)