xisto Community
kaziorvb

What Mac's Do You Own? Mac users - represent

Hello,Post what Mac's do you own!Let's start:- Macintosh SE (4MB RAM, 160MB HDD, 16MHz CPU)- Macintosh Quadra 950 (128MB RAM, 1GB HDD, 33MHz CPU)- PowerMacintosh 8100/80AV (256MB RAM, 4GB HDD, 80MHz CPU)- PowerMacintosh G3 Desktop (256MB RAM, 40GB HDD, 333MHz CPU)- iBook G4 [Mid 2005] (1.5GB RAM, 80GB HDD, 1.33GHz CPU, 12" display)- iMac G5 (1.5GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1.8GHz CPU, 20" display)- iMac C2D (1.5GB RAM, 250GB HDD + 500GB external HDD, 2.16GHz Dual-Core CPU, 24" display)- MacBook Pro (2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 2.16 Dual-Core CPU, 15" display):)PS: Sorry, if this topic is not suitable for this forum section...kaziorvb

Unforunately, I have 0, none, lol.I really want to get one though, I really like all types of macs! The Mac Book Air is really nice too, but I just like normal desktops better.However, I think I'd rather just a normal PC with Windows Vista as you can't get some of the best programs (besided Adobe programs which ARE the best!). There is bootcamp though which I could also have Windows on.

A lot of Windows programs do have Mac counterparts like Microsoft Office, Microsoft Messenger, OpenOffice, GIMP, Photoshop, Flash and etc.The switch is easy and I highly recommend it.An update from my previous reply, now my Macbook have 2GB of DDR2SDRAM =D!xboxrulz

I have Mac OS X Tiger (10.4.7). 2GB of RAM, 4.8GHz AMD X2.I am currently multi-booting (hexa-booting?) 6 operating systems including Mac OS.BTW, I cannot install Ms Office 2004 on 10.4.7, MS Office 2008 is not compatible though. I'm looking for an altenative Office Suite...

rockershive, have you realized that running MacOS X on non-Apple hardware is a direct violation of the MacOS X EULA? Please do not refer to any illegal installations on the board, it is ill-advised.xboxrulz

My family has five Macs (two of them are mine!), of varying types and ages. Going way back (unfortunately we don't use it anymore, though it still works and we boot it up for fun sometimes) to our first Mac, it's from 1996. I can't remember what model it is right now (this way before the iMac and all) but it's monitor was about a foot deep, and it's hard drive was huge! No internet on that one, but my brother and I used to love to play games and write stories on it. Then a few Macs in between, but we don't have any of those anymore. We've got a PowerMac G4 from 2002, as well as a PowerMac G5 from 2005. I don't feel like looking up all the stats for them, but I know the G5 (mine) is something like 2.3GHz, 512 MB RAM. Also an iMac from 2005, the white one, which we thought was super cool because it was the first one with the hard drive inside the monitor. Similar stats to the G4 on that one. Finally, right now I'm on my Macbook, which I love, from January this year. 2.2 GHz Intel Core Duo, 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM. It's wonderful.

Haha, I'd agree with that one. Not just that, but sometimes it gets a bit...overworked, and goes into like suicidal-Mac mode. The fan starts whirring louder than the music, the programs start to mutiny, and then the dreaded rainbow spinning circle attacks. A lot of times, my Macbook is either on my desk, or on top of its case (its case being on top of my lap), so I don't notice its rapidly increasing temperature until it does the whole suicide mode routine.It's still super useful when I'm traveling though, it's just right for me!

I've had a single Mac in my entire lifetime, and although I don't remember the specs - I didn't like it. I've been a strict Windows/Microsoft man ever since. Macs are simply too... snobby for me. I absolutely hate all the commercials.

I once thought i had a lot, but looking at the topic starter...... ughhhhokay here goes:- MacBook Air 13" 2008- MacBook 13" 2006- MacBook Pro 15" 2009- MacBook Pro 17" 2010- Mac Pro 12-core 2010 (+cinema display?)hahahahaha i love my macs :P seriously doubt i'll ever go back to using PC's :PI'd really love to play around with older macs.My dad owns an imac G4 and a G4 Cube that i'm not allowed to play with :P They look so awesome!!!!! especially the cube :o

Edited by derekchoi2 (see edit history)