xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jorge del norte

Are Webspaces Old News, Is Myspace...& Others The New Deal web design

see the problem is i have a space set up somewhere else, a different free hosting service, and they have changed so much over the years i have lost a lot of functions......they are not free anymore, and my bandwidth is suckin now also......so i'm here clicking away at the forum to try a new host.....and free.......i need free.my other half says get a MySpace, but I am a graphic artist so I don't think myspace will do for me.....BLOGS i don't think will work either..........what is a new cool format that graphic artists may use......see i like HTML......so it's hard to change...i hope this my question is clear.............. :)

Edited by jorgedelnorte (see edit history)

There are a lot of places where graphic artists can place their results. The first thing that comes to my mind is deviantart.com. A quick search gives gfxartist.com, subvariance.com, ... search a bit on the net and you'll find dozens of good results :) .

Personly, I wouldn't get a myspace, I haven't seen many good myspaces so I guess it's impossible to create a descent myspace page :) . I think myspace is a bit too commercial too.

Actually, I beg to differ. MySpace actually allows a user to use their own CSS stylesheet to determine how a page lloks. Most of the MySpace pages you see are just quickly put together. Yet, there aree some that actaully take the time to hand code their own MySpace pages. You really wanna try your hand at some graphic art? Design PS3 (Playstation 3) themes and wallpapers. Confused? Google 'ps3 themes'. One site you're sure to get is http://www.ps3-themes.com/. A rather okay site. Make the Playstation world a better place with your art. ;):):)

Myspace and others are more of the new deal because there will be many people in the world that are not designers and go mad over myspace. I myself am a graphic artist, and I have blogs (live journal) and have a myspace page myself. I used a lot of HTML to make a more interesting myspace, but I don't really do the whole redoing and redesigning of myspace like a used to. I made it look how ite was going to look, and then I just let it be.You can make your myspace however you like, and it takes different HTML specs to make it how you like, maybe to a point, but more customized than you can imagine.I have my own website, in which I go through Xisto, and that it was I put my designing flair to, now. I still use myspace, but when it comes to designing, I help my wife with hers and also the rest of my family and friends with HTML coding.So have your myspace, play with blogs and journals and do anything else you can think of! There will always be a need for spaces and sites on the world wide web.

The one thing I complain about MySpace is that a lot of the pages are broken or only works with Internet Explorer, it's very inconsistent and a lot of them are filled with security holes because they are coded by people who don't actually know HTML or CSS. They just copy and pasting a cool design but a poorly coded design. I've seen many MySpace pages that are either butt-slow to load or a mess.xboxrulz

what is a new cool format that graphic artists may use.....

I think by far the most popular artist community on the internet is deviant art ( http://www.deviantart.com/ ), it offers a lot of features including custom html/layouts as well as the ability for people to order your artwork if you'd like, a blogging application as well as message functions, and ratings, favorites etc.

Its a lot like myspace, or what have you but it really focuses on art, there's a significant amount of space to store tons of images as well.

Regards,
the Doc.