xisto Community
Shane Sonnier

Bulding New Website Can nay one help

Could you be a little more spacific. What problems are you having est. Do you want a tutorial? If so look in the tutorials subforum you should find something about joomla there. Being more spacific (in post and title) might help you get a better response from people that know about Joomla. Also try not to post 1 line posts, the moderators don't like it much because most 1 line posts have very little information and are usually pointless.Good Luck, Sparkx

Im having trouble getting the main menu buttons up and need to find out how to add pages and content to my web site plus i need to find out how to link pages toghter thats the trouble im having

And here is another problem im having i made a join us page and forum i got the forum to link up with the button but i cant get the app page that im creating to link up with the button i dont know what im doing wrong is there any helpful tips anyone can help me with i would be bleesed and happy for the info thanks.

First of all, don't double post, edit your other one!Anyway, I'm good with Joomla.Menus. Menus basically are the things that get everything working, you set the page layout with them. You need to first make a menu and then set the module (it makes a module for you) to the position you want it in (defined in the templateDetails.xml file). They need to be published and visible too.Making pages is what the sections and categories are for, along with menus to lay them out and go to them. Create a section first (like news or something) and then create a category inside it. The content goes in the category. With the menu item for the page, choose the layout (probably category blog layout) and choose the category. You can also just show an article!There's a component and plugin to link pages to another page, it's called Linkr. Find it in the Joomla Extensions Directory (https://extensions.joomla.org/) and download it. Install it and then when you're writing an article there will be a button down the bottom to link to other articles!Hope this helps, just ask if you need anymore help!

Im trying to to put it this website host but having trouble doing it is there anyway u can help http://shane.hostsnake.com/ because im not understanding all of this at the moment and do u have msn or yahoo if u can help me out with this i would really appericate it and also thanks for that reply