xisto Community
tudor

Trakers-good Or Bad all kind`s of trakers

Ok i will give you the definition if you don`t now:A BitTorrent tracker is a server which assists in the communication between peers using the BitTorrent (protocol) . It is also, in the absence of extensions to the original protocol, the only major critical point, as clients are required to communicate with the tracker to initiate downloads. (Clients that have already begun downloading also communicate with the tracker periodically to negotiate with newer peers and provide statistics; however, after the initial reception of peer data, peer communication can continue without a tracker.)Do you have an account? is it good or bad....My opinion is both i meen....good because i can take what i want(movies ,music,soft) but bad because it is illegal to distribute copyrighted material without the permission of the copyright holder.What do you thing...thx

There already a lot of posts about this subject. And you expressed clearly the truth. Stealing software is illegal. Torrent clients make it easy and comfortable, but it's still illegal.Except for the few ones using it for downloading legit things. And you are not one of these legal users, because you proudly claim that you download "movies ,music,soft". downloading movies is forbidden. Downloading music is forbidden except if you are the author of the music which is probably not the case. And I'm pretty sure the software you are downloading are not opensource ones.So, stop talking about illegal things here, read the forum rules again. And shame on the pirats. :)

I have to say that I just finished downloading a 43 Gb torrent and I had a great experience. The torrent is a rainbow table distribution and is completely legal because the creators not only allow the sharing of the content but also encourage it. Due to the incredible size of the data, torrents are really the only way to go. The file took around 10 hours to complete and averaged in the neighborhood or 800k/sec download speed. No matter what you think of torrents, this is clearly a great example of the power of peer to peer networks. It would have been hard for a single server to maintain that bandwidth for the entire download time and impossible for a small group to provide the bandwidth for more than a few people a month. Torrents provide a great distribution mechanism for large amounts of data and resource strapped entities.This is of course the case as long as you are downloading your favorite Linux distribution but as stated earlier it should not be used for illegal means.