xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tudor

Love Addiction What is Love to you?

Is the most beautiful expression of that kind of love don`t you think?Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. Love will last forever.” I whant to learn more about this and share my opinion with you...and you with me...:)

That statement is beautiful! It perfectly describes love:1) love mends and brings people together,2) love forgives and makes people forget any problem between the two of them, and most importantly,3) love trumphs over any worldly evil, problem, or object.

there is no such thing as love at first sight...you can see a girl and say "Damn she's so hot",but you cant love her...love needs time (time needs money,most importantly,but thats not the point)...i was with a girl for like 3-6 months until i really fell in love with her...i cheated on her and such things but after that i realised...why do i want any other girl in my life and ruin my relationship with a girl that loves me and cares about me...i can go out and be with other girl...but will she care for me after that...no! its only a one night stand...why would i need that?

I have been married to my wife for over 3 years now... And they have been great years! And we were quite serious for about a good year before we even got married.... And even before that we were friends that grew into something more.I can't say that everyone's idea of love will be the same, but I began to realize that the little things that we did for each other... without having to put a whole lot of thought into it... straightening my shirt, or me just getting something for her even before she realized she wanted it. It was like not finishing each others' sentences, but at times just knowing each other so well to just do these things!We are apart right now distance, because she is taking on a Travel Nurse assignment. And it is rough, but we communicate well and thank god for the internet! It takes a sound from her and I just take it with me anywhere, anytime... Love with my wife is just looking at her, and seeing things different each time, but each just as important as the next. It doesn't have to be overly mushy or always hearts in our eyes... Love is also the respect we give each other, too.I think I could probably be typing at this all day, because when you have that right person and have found that love, then you basically try to apply it to everything you do!*I'm really going to have to follow this topic to see how everyone else feels about it...*

there is no such thing as love at first sight...you can see a girl and say "Damn she's so hot",but you cant love her...

Yeah, I think it definitely depends on how you define the word 'love'. If you define love as meaning something shallow like just liking the other person's looks and wanting to go to bed with them, then it's very possible to have 'love' at first sight. But then again, that kind of love is a shallow fling that most likely won't last very long/last beyond the longetivity of the person's looks.
On the other hand, you could define love as something deep and that requires a lot of understanding of each other from both parties, which takes a lot more time. It wouldn't be something either party would get from a one-time fling or a casual glance. This would obviously last a lot longer.

Also, to the OP, love shouldn't be jealous or boastful, but a lot of times people misconstrue it and use their 'love' of their significant other as an excuse to being jealous and boastful. I'm sure many people wouldn't want to get together with people like that, but evidently there are already a lot of them together. And arguing, and filing for divorces, and so on.