xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Paint Shop Pro!

Who doesnt love this program many features one of my favourite is the warp tool!Its great fun with heaps of things to do its really cool you can make web layouts images & more! I think if you search paint shop pro in google there is a free download version! But the better version is really awsome!the thing they should improve is the warp tool....More images as so on!

You should check out the GIMP. It doesn't have a ton of features (compared to say, Photoshop CS3) right out of the box, but it does have an open source scripting API that alot of developers have written effects for. Basically, all the effect plugins you'd have to purchase for Photoshop are developed by coders who want them, and they're free ;)It also runs on Windows, Linux, and OS X!

I was just about to say what EtherGeek said. Paint Shop Pro is commercial, and commercial software is something I hate to use, so I instead use the GIMP and Paint.NET, free programs that aren't as featureful, but still have many useful features. It took me just a few weeks to get good at the Gimp, and now I'm creating great graphics for some places I go to.

I do recall playing with a Paint Shop program when I was younger. It was loaded on my sister's 3.1 and it was used to send over bitmap clipart for my sister to use for some school project. It was like dot matrix and it was a picture of a lion. It was for a school spirit project in like middle school. I don't think I am trying to make fun of Paint Shop, but that was so long ago, and I have tried to evolve my skills since then. But a lot of people will still like to use what is very comfortable for them.I also began using Paint on Win98, Win2000 and some of WindowsXP, until I upgraded to Photoshop 4.0. From there I basically realized that I would not go back to the basics, and when possible, I would try to keep up with the updates and upgrades that Adobe had to offer.So fastforward to present day, and I am using Photoshop CS. I haven't really updated my Illustrator or word processing programs, but whenever possible, I will try keep up with what is current.I do a lot of Freelance work, and am glad that I can go onto Adobe online and get what I need for my Photoshop, and Dreamweaver programs.Don't go out of your way to try different things because it is more common... I am happy to hear that running easier programs work for your needs.

according to what everyone says, photoshop cs3 should be better. i haven't really tested this myself, but i have tried photoshop cs3 and i am quite impressed with it. if anyone can explain what is so much better about photoshop they are welcome