xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Clickteam: Your Opinions MMF2, TGF2, MMF2D

So there's this company Clickteam... http://www.clickteam.com/
They make Click-based games(duh.) A lot of the interface is easy to use, like the level design. You just drag and drop your tiles. The program even comes with some premade movements, like platform and bouncing ball. But the beauty of Clickteam products are these 2 things-

1. Extensions- Over time, people make extensions for MMF2/TGF2 in C++. Some of them are relatively useless (like the crash program object, which lets you crash your application) but others are awersome. For example, you can light stuff on fire with the Flame extension, you can make orbital movement with the Clickteam Movement Controller, you can edit your own levels in real time with the objects editor extention.

2. Capability- You can set the movement of your character to platform and use 2 pieces of code- If player collides with backdrop, stop player. Always set camera at (0,0) relative to the palyer. Or, you can create static objects with sensors that stay because of looping events and there's a mask and a skin system and actions. It supports all levels of programming!

The only Downside- Price. MMF2 is around $200, a rather high price. But if you have the money and want an easy program, it's for you.

I love this program, anyone else use it?

Woww.. This seems to be very good.. I never used it, but when I go home I will try it... I am very impressed...

This is full free? Have to do any donate to creators to use? I want to get it hehehe...

I am anxious to get back home and play a little in this game creator...

Very nice man! If you have any comments to do about it feel free to share with us..

Thansk again, Cya.

Yours. Impious

Woww.. This seems to be very good.. I never used it, but when I go home I will try it... I am very impressed...

This is full free? Have to do any donate to creators to use? I want to get it hehehe...

I am anxious to get back home and play a little in this game creator...

Very nice man! If you have any comments to do about it feel free to share with us..

Thansk again, Cya.

Yours. Impious

Full MMF2(what I use) is $120. There's a 30 day trial though. I suggest taking the TGF2 one first, learning, and then try mmf2.

Ah, the good old kilk and play games. I remember, back over a year ago, when I was actively making fangames, I used it, and occasionally tried it MMF OpenGL, an OpenGL extension, which allowed me to make a 3d fangame, with difficulty. Now that you post this once more I feel the need to try it out once more, and as soon as I find my old 1.5 CD I will, I had many fun times with it and hopefully shall create something good with it, if I do, I'll post it here.

Ah, the good old kilk and play games. I remember, back over a year ago, when I was actively making fangames, I used it, and occasionally tried it MMF OpenGL, an OpenGL extension, which allowed me to make a 3d fangame, with difficulty. Now that you post this once more I feel the need to try it out once more, and as soon as I find my old 1.5 CD I will, I had many fun times with it and hopefully shall create something good with it, if I do, I'll post it here.

You really should upgrade MMF1.5. MMF2 has so many things more you can do. I personally love the flame extension. You can set stuff on fire, after all.EDIT- http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ a simpe sample of its capabilities. More stuff at aylingling.spruz.com Edited by Aylingling (see edit history)