xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hoopa

Firefox Performance Stats

Hi all,Does anyone know where I can get hold of performance stats on how long Firefox take to open really large websites (like > 500k of xhtml). I have done some initial tests with a page of around 1MB and found that Firefox just stops for about 5mins while it gets over the shock. I could go though and test a lot more combinations, but I hoping to find some performance tests that show the point where Firefox starts to degrade.Cheers,Hoopa

Hi all,
Does anyone know where I can get hold of performance stats on how long Firefox take to open really large websites (like > 500k of xhtml). I have done some initial tests with a page of around 1MB and found that Firefox just stops for about 5mins while it gets over the shock. I could go though and test a lot more combinations, but I hoping to find some performance tests that show the point where Firefox starts to degrade.

Cheers,
Hoopa

It's not the XML parser, i can tell you that. I've used 3.0b3 to open a 400MB xml file (it was by accident, I wanted to open it with XMLSpy >_<) and it only took firefox about 10 seconds to render the xml tree. I don't know how much of that was the pulling it off of the disk

hey, I am using Firefox 3.0b2 and I simultaneously load at least 15 or 20 different web sites at a time. You know what, this version 3.0 is oozing fast! no hang ups, even when loading different heavy-flash images and animations.

Thanks for that guys. That will give me something to go on now. This work is being done as part of my job, and I suspect for the time being I will be stuck with v2.0 until we can get the newer versions of Firefox approved through security. I'm not sure if it matters, but a large component of what I'm working with involves the XForms plugin for Firefox. From what you guys are saying it may not be the parser. I have access to FormsPlayer for IE and another XForms viewer so I might try some tests with those and see how things go.Cheers,Hoopa