xisto Community
Feelay

Uploading More Than 30 Files In Less Than 10 Clicks?

Hey!is it possible to upload lots of files fast, and to a specefic folder? I am sure you guys are going to tell me "use" the FTP tool.. But I have no idea how to use it =/

OK, let's do it simple. let's suppose that all your files are in the same folder, and you want to put them in the same remote folder.Here is how to use ftp on Crosoft Windows. Works the same way on linux, excelt / instead of \Open a command line window ( Start -> run -> cmd)cd \d:\wheremyfilesareftp myname.astahost.comcd /where/Ineedto/putthefilesbinarypromptmput *quitDoes this answer your question ?Yordan---------------Edit : by the way, it works with Internet explorer and some clicks :In IE6, instad of http:something, enter ftp:yourname@yoursite.astahost.com (or username@remotecomputernameorIPYou will see a box asking confirmation for yourname and your password.then click to your remote final folder ("new folder works as well)Open a separate "my computer" window, go to the directory you want to copy, "Edit Copy", go back to the remote IE6 ftp window, "Edit Paste", that's all, I think that this if four clicks, except if "EDIT COPY" counts for two clicks.

You can also do this with the use of the File Manager in cPanel only. First of all, zip (or rar, or tar.gz) all the files you want to upload, and then upload the file to the desired location in File Manager. After you do so, select the archive and you should get an option similar to "Unpack" - this will take out all the files from the archive and put them into the same folder.This way not only will you upload many files at once, but they will also be compressed, therefore speeding up the process ;)

Thanks you. Both Jordan and Pyost :PBut I think I will choose pyosts way, because, when i try to type in my password in the cmd, nothing happens, and when i press enter, it says I am typing in the wrong password.anyway. Thanks //FeelayEdit: Or maybe I will use both ;) I just saw yordans edit, and I can't extract a complete folder =/

Edited by Feelay (see edit history)

Oh! I just saw this ;) when I said that I couldn't extract folders, I ment about the thing pyost said. But about the ftp, I understood from the first time you said it (about Internet explorer then :P not the cmd), and it works just fine :P Thank You, both, Again //Feelay

If you are using Dreamweaver for Web design, but are using another program to upload files to your site, you are working harder than you need to. When you have defined a site in Dreamweaver, Dreamweaver will automatically upload your files to the correct folder. Just select the file, where ever it is in your site, and click the upload button in the tool bar. :)