xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

A Way To Protect Your Keyboard From Getting Dirty!

HEY! Simply cover each key with clear nail polish this keeps the key board from getting dirty! Also every now and then bang the keyboard To get everything out of it!

Well, maybe it's a good idea, but I wouldn't like my keyboard to be with a nail polish... to clean the keys is quite easy, but to go deeper, between the keys, thats the problem, usually ;)

Also every now and then bang the keyboard To get everything out of it!

I like this one :P Though I would suggest being gentle with keyboards, they aren't as good as the used to be. I had a Cherry keyboard for years (at least) and it function almost perfectly - the left shift button got stuck due to overuse, that's all. It still work, but now I use a slim Genius keyboard which has survived lemonade entering every part ;) I usually just flip the keyboard every now and then, and then remove the food and dirt that fall out :P

I even have a better way, don't use your keyboard with dirty fingers and especialy don't eat or drink when you sit behind your computer ;) .By the way, nailpolishing your keyboard will keep the keyboard clean, but the nail polish will get dirty anyway, plus, I don't think many people will like the glossy look and feel on their keyboards (at least I wouldn't).My tips to cleaning your keyboard: use a vacuum cleaner to get the dust and dirt out of the keyboard and clean it with some disinfecting alcohol, kills the many germs that reside on ur keys

you can also wrap it in saran wrap.-joshua

That would prevent it from getting sticky too >_>

My tips to cleaning your keyboard: use a vacuum cleaner to get the dust and dirt out of the keyboard and clean it with some disinfecting alcohol, kills the many germs that reside on ur keys

I've found that an air compressor works better.

I worked at a printing company, and when I helped on the presses, we would sometimes cover our keyboards with Seran Wrap so that it would stay somewhat cleaner... But then again, even if it were to get dirty or even ruined, it would not have mattered... we worked off of old machines, and we wouldn't have even gotten newer PCs... sorry, just a little rant...Yes, wrap the keyboards!