xisto Community
Anik1405241556

Open Source Social Networking Social Networking Site Based On drupal

I feel that PHP FOX and other commercial social networking scripts are way too costly for any new social networking site and that adds to the fact that these scripts need to be modified to help the site stand apart from being a clone of the more established players in the business.I tried using PHP IZABi ,the script is slick and easy to use ,not to forget its fast but most of the important addons(modules,themes,hacks) are paid ,hence it doesn't fit the bill.Instead of looking at stand alone solutions i started using Joomla,being targeted towards everyone,joomla has a few limitations...Now i am trying out DRUPAl(v5.7) and have installed many mods....However i feel the user friendliness of joomla is traded off while using Drupal.However it is a good social networking platform for developers and designers who would like to go Open Source.....

Anik,Your post was not a real tutorial (it's rather short and we don't have more technical knowledge after having read it).However, it's a very interesting topic, it gives us your real feeling about this, so it's precious for us.That's why I moved it here, where it's closer to it's real place.RegardsYordan