xisto Community
mikesoft

Parked/addon Domains Help help with new domain name

Hey all,

I kinda have a problem and I hope you guys can help me out. So I currently have my domain name working with Xisto with no problems at all, but I bought another domain name and I wish to do the same and host it with Xisto (addon domain)

The problem is that when I try to add it via cPanel I get an error like if it wasn't registered with a valid registrar, though it's the same registrar as my main domain name, so it's not a problem with the registrar.

I get this error:

Addon Domains

Addon Domain

Bind reloading on gamma using rndc zone: [mikesoft.com.ve]Bind reloading on alpha using rndc zone: [mikesoft.com.ve] Bind reloading on epsilon using rndc zone: [mikesoft.com.ve] Bind reloading on shree using rndc zone: [mikesoft.com.ve] The subdomain, erepublik.mikesoft.com.ve has been added.

Error from park wrapper: Sorry, cannot determine nameserver IPs. Please make sure that the domain is registered with a valid domain registrar.

Removed erepublik.mikesoft.com.ve Server at line: 1176. Removed Entry from httpd.conf Bind reloading on gamma using rndc zone: [mikesoft.com.ve] Bind reloading on alpha using rndc zone: [mikesoft.com.ve] Bind reloading on epsilon using rndc zone: [mikesoft.com.ve] Bind reloading on shree using rndc zone: [mikesoft.com.ve] The subdomain, erepublik.mikesoft.com.ve has been removed.

erepublik.com.ve could not be setup. The subdomain erepublik. mikesoft.com.ve was not setup either.

my main domain is mikesoft.com.ve and I wish to add erepublik.com.ve as an addon domain (so it could have it own subdomain), but it wont let me, or maybe it isn't possible with a free account?

hope someone can help me, or recommend me to do something else. Thanks in advance.

Edited by mikesoft (see edit history)

Did you use the right NS (Nameservers) to point to Xisto? as I know currently all Domains at Xisto, Xisto and etc. should point to:ns.computinghost.comns2.computinghost.comJust login to some panel where you registered your domain and modify the nameservers, if you didn't already do that..

As quatrux said, you need to check the domain DNS settings to make sure they point to Xisto name servers. Once you've set them, you'll have to wait at least a few hours until it's setup, although if you're lucky like me it'll be ready after just 5 hours. Although, whilst it isn't setup, you can't add it to cpanel, as it won't notice the DNS change.

well I was kinda hoping I could use my own DNS server, as I do with my main domain, and just point the domain to the provided IP address by Xisto.

something like this:

mikesoft.com.ve (HOST RECORD) points to: 80.60.80.266 (just as an example, thats not the actual IP address)

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (ALIAS) points to: mikesoft.com.ve

and it works with no problem, I wanted to do the same with my second domain, so I could manage my own subdomains and mail records. Do you think I could do that without pointing the DNS servers to the Xisto - Web Hosting ones?

Hello again,

I was trying to create an addon domain but it doesn't let me. The Nameservers are currently pointing the Xisto - Web Hosting ones, and even cpanel recognizes it but it still doesn't create the addon domain.

The error I get is the following:

Error from wrapper: Using nameservers with the following IPs: 67.19.253.52, 64.69.35.177 Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associiated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ip.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

The IPs shown there are the ones for NS.COMPUTINGHOST.COM and NS2.COMPUTINGHOST.COM but I still can't set up the addon domain.

There's something I noticed though. When I enter the Addon domain setup page, I get this message:

Note: This feature must be enabled for your account before you can use it.

Does that mean that I need an admin to activate that option for me before I can use it?

thanks in advance.

PS: the new domain name is mikeflash.com and the registrar is melbourneit.com.au