xisto Community
Sten

Live Messenger Display Pic Problem

I'm having a problem with my display picture on Live Messenger.

Everytime I log off and then log back on, it changes back to one I don't use anymore (what's in my avatar).

What I normally have is this

Posted Image

(LOL)

but it changes back to the LOL one all the time. It's really annoying.

It also does it to my brother, he has some funny gnome on it and it changes back to that duck that comes with it.

So does anyone know why it does it and how to fix it?

Well on my Ipod I go on it about every night using a site called Meebo. That probably explains things. It doesn't show a display picture at all for the person I'm talking to though.I was wondering if that was the reason, but still, why does it choose those specific ones to change back to?

We should have a more careful look at MSN defaults, but here is how I understand the thing.The first time you sign-in and then you connect, your image is the default ones, the first in the list of images stored in the server.then, you choose yor personal image, the Microsoft server associates your sig with the file in your local PC.next time you connect from that PC, the image displayed is stille the one on your local PC.If you connect from another PC, the info's concerning the location of the image on the local PC are false, so back to the defaults.I don't really know what happens if you go back to your very first PC.

the newer versions of live messenger actually allow you keep the same display picture on any computer you connect with. This means that they must be storing a .png version of your DP on their server and it loads that one if the 'display picture' options is enabled.My only guess to your problem is when you connect to the service from a version of the software that doesn't support images (like meebo) the live messenger sees that you don't have a DP and returns the DP to the default.

MSN Messenger

Live Messenger Display Pic Problem

I was just wondering If anyone knew how to have a display picture for when I am signing into messenger? on my old computer me and my sister had MSN chat and it always showed us our pictures before we signed in. It doesn't do that on my new computer can someone tell me If the know how I can put a display pic in for MSN messanger sign in?

-question by Kristin

Video picture too small in Windows Live MessengerLive Messenger Display Pic ProblemDoes anyone know how to enlarge the video picture of the person I'm talking to in Windows Live Messenger?-reply by Sue Palazzo