Today i sat down and thought what would i be without the internet

we wouldnt be able to

get infomation

e-mail friends

chat on things like MSN,YAhoo

We wouldnt be able to do many THINGS!

But then we wouldnt

get addicted to websites or online shopping

that would be a hell hole for me and my best friend, we always go on iChat ... lol, good times ... there's nothing more than seeing my friend when she's drunk ... anyways, ya, just had a little party over the Internet after she got drunk. So ya ... I'm not drunk though, so w/e. Just hyper from Coca Cola.Like, the Internet is so important, I can't live without it for too long now. It became part of me. I'm live on the cutting edge when possible and have assimilated the Internet into my daily life. With Internet down for 3 days was hell for me. I can live that long on vacations, but not at home.xboxrulz

If internet would have never existed then I probably would be able to live without it. But because it exist I can't live with it anymore, it's some kind of addiction, looking for WiFi everywhere so I can go online with my pda ;) . No internet would mean going to friends every day and doing nothing for school, because the internet allows me to do my homework and chat with several of my friends all day long. Looking for information would be a problem, there are libraries enough in the world, tough finding information would probably take a lot longer.

If internet would have never existed then I probably would be able to live without it. But because it exist I can't live with it anymore, it's some kind of addiction, looking for WiFi everywhere so I can go online with my pda ;) . No internet would mean going to friends every day and doing nothing for school, because the internet allows me to do my homework and chat with several of my friends all day long. Looking for information would be a problem, there are libraries enough in the world, tough finding information would probably take a lot longer.

I would definitely agree to that. Basically what I said up top.

xboxrulz

Well yeah, it would be hard to live Today for young people without Internet, in some ways it scares me in some ways it doesn't.. I remember when I didn't have Internet, in the old days, when I still was with Amiga computers, I was playing games, doing different stuff and all the data wasn't to get as easy as Today, I did my homework using books information :PIn several years everything changed so much, that it would be very hard to live a week without a computer with Internet access, without a mobile phone.. Sometimes when Internet doesn't work because of ISP fault, a lot of people doesn't know what to do with a computer anymore.. ;)I remember 10 years ago, I thought that live without TV would be so hard, I used to watch quite a lot, but I noticed that Today, I just turn it on sometimes, watch the news and I even can forget about TV.. :P

I don't think I'd be able to cope without it, lol.From the first time I used a computer I've had the internet. When I got my first computer I got the internet with it.I think computers are pointless without it too, there's nothing to do on them, I don't bother with the computer when my ISP is down.Wireless is also something I'm using alot now and even without wi-fi I'd still be a bit bored.

I too must agree that the Internet has become part of my life also! That said, the Internet hasn't always been around. Instead of researching on the internet you would go to the library and get information (i still do that! ;)). Instead of emailing people, a letter would have been good enough, or if we really want to go back, a telegram! :PJust imagine what we would be doing right now if we didn't have the Internet! We wouldn't have this great community here, plus none of us would have our websites to look after (which doesn't sound like a bad idea now and again!)

I remember being a kid and playing text games on my Apple II. Back then I would like nothing more than to have a good time thinking things though and playing a game at the same time. As I got older, I still playe games on the computer (although consoles were taking that spot), but I also discovered the great WWW. At first it was just something fun to have, and the whole E-Mail concept was awsome. Now, if my internet goes down for some reason, I lose contact with many things in my life. My sister and her family live 5 hours away, my grandfather across the country, even my college courses use an internet site for assignments and coorosponance with teachers. Well, also without things like MySpace I would have never found some of my old high school friends, and long lost relatives. I think it is absoulty possible to live with out the internet but... who really wants to. It has way too many convienences. I don't know about the rest of the world but here in America I find many people who would prefer to sit in front of a computer than get active. Is the internet really all that great in the grand scheme of things? I'm not totally sure.

I have lived without internet, well, because I have lived without internet. It wasn't even really popular or really available when I was younger. I am not an old geezer, I'm only 30... but it didn't really come about until I graduated High School and got into college. Nowadays it is SOOO overkilled, but it can be very useful.Before the net, it was telephone usage, or you played around the house, or visited people. I was quite active with my friends, and had TV on here and there. It was like anything else.If it were to discontinue, it would be rough, but not horrible. I would just adjust things, and it would go back to the days of old.The new generation I think would deteriorate due to lack of myspace and facebook! I just like to email old pals and play music online... oh yeah, my website and keeping up with forums on Xisto!

You're all forgetting one thing: Either someone else would invent it, or tv would massively expand to create something VERY similiar.Ruling out those two things happening, which would be hard to believe, I would never have used the internet, so I literally wouldn't know what I was missing. In some ways it may be good actually, since computing takes up a fair chunk of my time.

If internet was not invented we have no idea that there is an internet like now, so we can still live without it. Just like our ancestors long time ago. What really we can't live without are the things we'd getting used to. If we're not getting used at it there's no problem.What Would It Be Without The Internet? No problem. We have no idea what internet is, it did not exist. What if our internet today in an unknown reason will due disappear tomorrow? That would be unacceptable!

Wow. If there was no internet!?! Sounds scary. Well here is my list1) I guess I would have to resort to old skool dating/courting methods. (Guess my weekends would be boring, except the fact that I would be leveling up my thief's & paladin's... LOL)2) I wouldn't have an excuse to fix computers, cause there would be no virus/spyware(s). Yikes! Then that means see number #3. (Oh yeah, i probably wouldn't have met my girlfriends - be in a +3 yr relationship and have a daughter... Okay I'm off the topic. :P3) I wouldn't get paid or make money off ppl would don't have time to learn about computer stuff. I would probably be stuck with my first pc.... a 233MHz Pentium MMX :o4) I would not be learning anything beyond the Discovery Channel/National Geographic. No online school/training (Too bad my crocodile man.. 'Look at thoughs choppers... yeah, that's a mean fella')5) I guess I would have to buy stamps and envelopes and subscribe to magazines... SHHHHH..... Not thoughs one(s), the computer magazines. :P6) I guess I would be an uninformed consumer, paying over retail price for a lot of items not to mention Tax. Ouch!7) I'd have a small music collection (Don't ask... :o )8) I probably really wouldn't be taken serious as a consumer, student, business relations. etc. (professional correspondence)9) I wouldn't have a web site and an excuse to kick back at the local Coffee Shop. (Luv the energy drinks and Caramel Macchiato's)10) I probably wouldn't know about Open Source software. (Adobe, Microsoft, and other companies probably hate #10 :o )11) I wouldn't have my computer gut i use to slouch on. LOL ;) Just Joking :PMy list can go on an on and i can cite some examples for the numbers but I'm just going to end it here check out what's online :Plevimage

Edited by levimage (see edit history)