xisto Community
Chesso

Negative Credits Do I have to bring it to 0 first?

Hello, I just started a new job Monday and it's pretty long hours and travel time, so basically haven't been on much, anyway for some reason I have neg 9.79 or something (Iv'e never gone to 0 before so this is new to me), does this mean I need to get 10 points basically just to bring it to 0, despite my site being suspended at this stage anyway?

Notice from OpaQue: Adminstrator:
Title and Description changed.Please choose Title and Description carefully. Title: The Title should be descriptive and should summarize your entire post. Description: The description should be usedto add further details/information about your post.

Yeah you need to get your credits over 0 and then wait about an hour or so for your site to become active again.I've never had negative points before so I've never had to see how it works, I like to keep my points around 30 and never under 20!

As I know you need to bring your credits back to 0 and then I think you need to make at least 4 credits and wait for about an hour, if you had subdomains, you could have some problems with some of them working, the others still won't work, just login to your ftp or file manager and delete the .htaccess files in different directories or if you were using, just remove the added lines which redirects you to the suspended page thing.. :PAstahost could have something like, I am going away for 1 month and if he has no credits to upkeep for one month, he could disable his site/account and make it suspended and the credits wouldn't get negative to much, due to after a month you could have -20 credits ;)Sometimes, it is quite hard to up keep the credits.. :P

Yes, I several times had my site down due to negative credits, but my site came up automatically as soon as my credits came back to positive values.This the politics of this site : you have to post in order to keep your site alive.Another alternative is switching to paid hosting, but you will have to get a job in order to have money to pay for your site.If you often have to go away for several tens of days, maybe you could consider switching to our partner site qupis.com, which is slightly less nicely ads-free but does not have this posting constraint.Yordan

Man I too understand that sometimes it is hard to find the time to post. I have had mine around 20 or so now mine starts to go like under 15 a lot. I am just now getting back into doing more for my webpage, and then I have to try to find a good post to really get into commenting on. I am sure that once summer comes around, I may not even have a site anymore! I love using Xisto, but I just can't keep up with it every second like when I first arrived.I just hope that I can get involved in more topics when I am on, and try to get some good quality replies... I really don't want to lose a lot of days and then end up negative, too.... I just don't know if I would want to try to keep up if I were to slip too far down...But good luck Chesso getting your site back up, and congrats on the new job!- skedad -

My site once went down due to having below 4 credits, but it's simply a matter of posting till you get above 4 credits, then waiting an hour or two for the system to bring back your website.

Well that's what I needed to know.Iv'e been around probably a couple of years now so I understand most of it, but this is the first time where I haven't been able to really post, especially when the people I live with only have 400mb monthly, i'm lucky to be able to check emails and bank lol.But from my understanding you lose credits as the site is "Active", well once it reaches 0 it isn't active anymore is it...... so why is it still hitting into negative lol...... and then need to gain more credits to be positive despite it technically still not being active.That will suck hard if they don't switch plans or I don't get my own place anytime soon lol.

But from my understanding you lose credits as the site is "Active", well once it reaches 0 it isn't active anymore is it...... so why is it still hitting into negative lol...... and then need to gain more credits to be positive despite it technically still not being active.

Well, it's to keep track of the number of days you were inactive and have to make up. It's sort of like, let's say you had 20 credits one day, and 10 days later, it was down to 10 credits. At that point, you'd have to post 10 credits worth of words in order to get it back to twenty. Using that same logic, if 5 credits of posts dropped down to zero and stopped dropping from that point on, you'd only have to make up five credits, which wouldn't be as fair. ;)
Man, I have quite a bit of problems posting (in fact, as of current posting, I'm in the negatives. I'll get it back up tonight), mainly due to school. I probably wouldn't be able to get a job until next year...but next year I'd also have more time to keep up with the posting. Oh what a quandary.

I have almost no time lol, just got home from work then and have to get stuff sorted for work tomorrow and then pretty much head off to bed ready for work >_>.Does Xisto itself have paid hosting or anything like that (I can't remember exactly), in a fashion where I could have my current account re-activated without any major changes or anything, and what kind of payment options are available? (I'm Australia and don't have a Credit card unless a Visa Debit card issue for works salary sacrifice benefit counts).So yeah if anyone can clear up the generality of paid hosting if it's available would be awesome, don't have too much time to run around looking till the long weekend (4 days of no work YES!!!!!!! :)).

IDoes Xisto itself have paid hosting or anything like that (I can't remember exactly), in a fashion where I could have my current account re-activated without any major changes or anything, and what kind of payment options are available? (I'm Australia and don't have a Credit card unless a Visa Debit card issue for works salary sacrifice benefit counts).

Xisto has it's own paid hosting, of course. With the free hosting you see the kind of services available here, and you see what you get when you switch to paid hosting.Have a look at our paid hosting plans here : https://xisto.com/
Yordan