xisto Community
iGuest

Can a standard user become and administrator ?

i want to hack to become administrator

Administrator Account Problem In Microsoft Xp [solved]

When I go to user accounts everytghing is blocked so I can do nothing what should I do

-mark

Administrator Account Problem In Microsoft Xp [solved]

Why "[solved]" ???

I'm assuming you're logged into a local machine. If you've logged into a domain machine, then you'll need to get the "human" administrator to help you with that.

You need to login as Administrator and configure your right/permission or user type of your account.

DISCLAIMER : This is suppose to help you in case you forgot your password or lock yourself out. It's not meant to be use for unlawful act. Do at your down RISK !!!

Windows XP installation should come with an Administrator account by default, and normally no password is set. A default user is later create to prevent from using the admin account all the time. With the Welcome Screen, you don't get to login as admin. So you need to switch to safe mode. When booting your PC, press F5, until you see a list of file shown on the screen. When you reach the login screen, try login with "Administrator" without any password.

If the above don't help, that means your admin is set with a password. You need to download a tool to do it.

chntpw - http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Download the bootable cd image, then burn into a blank cd. Follow the instruction given on the page. Remember, it's recommended to set the password to blank, you can always change it once you can login.

I've used this many time to help myself and to help my client as well.

Good Luck

well, assuming the command prompt is accessible on the limited user account, you can. Go to start, then run, type in "cmd", type "net user", then locate the account that is an administrator. type "net user 'admin' *" (obviously replace 'admin' with whatever the username is) then you can type in a new password. be aware that the little stars that usually appear when you type in a password will not be there. then log out and log in as the administrator. then you are free to change the administrative settings to however you would like them. good luck.

well, assuming the command prompt is accessible on the limited user account, you can. Go to start, then run, type in "cmd", type "net user", then locate the account that is an administrator. type "net user 'admin' *" (obviously replace 'admin' with whatever the username is) then you can type in a new password. be aware that the little stars that usually appear when you type in a password will not be there. then log out and log in as the administrator. then you are free to change the administrative settings to however you would like them. good luck.

This is very interesting. Does it work on corporate networks? If it does, is there a way to disable this as this is obviously a huge security risk!

No, this does not work on a corporate (Active Directory) computer. Actually this does not work on a regular computer unless you have logged in with another administrator rights account. This may be a little different and might work on a XP Home edition machine but you will never find (shouldn’t find) one of them in a corporate environment.

No, this does not work on a corporate (Active Directory) computer. Actually this does not work on a regular computer unless you have logged in with another administrator rights account. This may be a little different and might work on a XP Home edition machine but you will never find (shouldn’t find) one of them in a corporate environment.

Actually, it is possible on an AD network. All you need to do is get local administrator access, then you can either pull or sniff the cached AD hashes (well, unless you set cached logins to zero) out of the registry with some specialized tools. Then you just run them through john the ripper/cain & abel/or l0pht...pick your poison.

Replying to FeedbackerI just went through this. I restarted my comp., then pressed F11 while it was rebooting to restore my comp to an earlier time. The restoration will take your comp back to the same setting it had on the day you chose. I have windows vista and it worked perfectly.

I have a problem on my computer. I used to be the administrative user on my computer. I don't know what happened to it. Whenever I go to download something it says type an admistrtor password then click okay, they place to type it in is gray and wont let me type on it. Also I cant veiw all the controls on the control panel or change it so I'm the admininstrative user because of that. There are 5 users on my account and none of them are able to become the administrative user. Please help me I really need help.-question by Jacob

But don't think so that as a normal user account can be use the net user commandto change administator settings such as password.I do have tried that on some windows 2000 and xp computers but does't work.But thanks to all of above alternate methods that used to reset NT password. ( Did't aware that so many :) )

Ok, here's my problem, me and my older brother share a PC, we're both administrators, but he turned my account into a standard user and wont change it back. So how can I change myself back into an administrator? btw, we hve Windows Vista.

just like the person said before previously... U open up cmd and type 'net user' take his user name and then type 'net user [your brothers user name] *' make sure to have the space between the name and the asterisc.  Then change his password to something easy like 1234 so u won't forget when he spazzes when he can't get on his accont. go on to his accont and change urself back and he proubly won't mess with your accont again because it is all to easy to change it back.

-reply by guest

Replying to BlazeFiendI tried the cmd thing and I get Error 5, and it won't let me change the admin password. My specific problem is that the college I just graduated from was the administrator on everyone's computers. When we left, they told us to take ourselves off the domain and gave us steps to become the admin. But I screwed up one of the steps and now it seems impossible to become the admin. Does anyone have experience with this?-reply by Videlicet

cmd hackCan a standard user become and administrator ?

use cmd.Bat to get admin

right this

net localgroop administrator /add and it will work

-reply by super hacker

I have a limited accountCan a standard user become and administrator ?

hi I have a limited account..From which I can't even change my password...I cant' browse other users files...

do you have any tool or super method by which I can hack inside the admin. I also can't install aeven a single tiny software...My brother has restricted me...

please help me please I really need your help!

-reply by johnson