xisto Community
mikesoft

New Hosting - Dns Help about DNS

Ok so my name is finally in red... (yay!!! thanks!!!) and I of course went to create my hosting account... everything perfect.

Now I have some questions about the domain and DNS:

1) I have my own DNS servers using DNSPARK. The thing is, according to the instructions I should change my Nameservers for the astahosts ones, bypassing my dns server completely. I was gonna ask if it's possible to use my DNS server and point my domain to the IP provided by you, I did it and at least I can see the "success" page, where it says "this page is hosted at Xisto". I want to use my own DNS server because I would like to always have a subdomain pointing to my home IP address, and if I change my nameservers i'll no longer be able to do that. Is it possible and valid to keep my DNS server and just point my domain to the IP address provided by Xisto? or is there another way I should do it using my DNS server? or should I use the Xisto nameservers because otherwise my site will not work or something?

2) When I posted the application for a hosting account I said I was gonna use the domain mikeflash.com though finally after months of failed attempts, I got my venezuelan domain mikesoft.com.ve, so when I was registering the hosting account, I entered that .com.ve name instead of the one I said I was gonna use. Is that ok? I would like to use mikesoft.com.ve instead, I saw a link that said "domain change", should I go there and pay 15 credits for the change? or was I correct by assuming when registering my hosting account I could use any domain name I wanted?

Thank you and sorry for asking such hard questions lol... ;)

And THANKS for the hosting account.. you guys rock!!!

Well, if it ain't broke don't fix it! ;)I'm not a DNS guru by any means so I can't really say with any certainty but I would think that if you have your own DNS setup and you point your domain to it and end up at your webpage without any trouble, then go for it. It appears to be working fine so I wouldn't change it now. If you later have difficulties with it, then you can always change to the Xisto DNS information!As for your domain name, again leave it be. The domain that you entered in the setup form is what is assigned to your account so you don't need to change it. The information in the application just give use general information needed to determine if you should get hosting approved or not.Remember, we allow you to add as many domains as you wish so you use your preferred domain if it ever becomes available.vujsa