xisto Community
TavoxPeru

2007 The Last Year Of Php 4

As many people know, PHP 4 is dead, it was here for the last 7 years and officialy 2007 was the last year that the PHP development team supports it and release new versions of the PHP4 series -the last stable version is 4.4.8. They will make and release new patches for the PHP 4.4 branch until 2008-08-08, but only if are related with security issues.This is not a problem here because I know that Xisto's PHP version is 5.2.0 since the last year (i'm not pretty sure if it was installed on october 19 2007) but the last stable version of PHP is 5.2.5 and as i just read at the PHP site, the PHP development team encourages all users to upgrade to this release because it fixes over 60 bugs.So, here is my question, does Xisto plans to upgrade to this release soon??? and if it is true, i wanna know when does it will take place, basically to backup my data allocated here.BTW, if it is not the correct place of this post please an Admin or Mod move it to the correct place.Finally, good bye PHP 4, nice to meet you.Best regards,

Ah, good old php 4. Ancient, but a very good version, one of the best ever in my opinion. Still, there is no problem with me having to upgrade. I recently upgraded my home server to the latest version of PHP, and it allowed me to do more. Most hosts, however, still run php 4. Good to see that Xisto have a relatively new version, not the latest, but still good.

It's not that ancient, it's just another old obsolete technology, just like Windows 2000. It isn't ancient, many computers worldwide still uses it ... lol. If that's ancient, then I wonder about Linux 2.2 and 2.4. Now those should be called ancient.xboxrulz

It's not that ancient, it's just another old obsolete technology, just like Windows 2000. It isn't ancient, many computers worldwide still uses it ... lol. If that's ancient, then I wonder about Linux 2.2 and 2.4. Now those should be called ancient.
xboxrulz

Exactly, i still use windows 2000 basically because i don't have the necesary amount of time to upgrade my OS to XP or Vista. And the OS upgrading process is not as simple as it should be ;).

Best regards,