xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
demize

Hl2: Orange Box Most specifically, Portal.

Who owns/has played he games included in The Orange Box? The Orange Box is a game pack from Valve that includes some of their best games (or at least I hear so): Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2 Episode 1 and Episode 2, Team Fortress 2, and Portal. I don't own any of these [yet], but i have played Portal. It's an FPS where you play a test subject. Around chamber 5, you get the forst part of the "Apeture Science Handheld Portal Device". It can shoot a blue portal. There is also an orange portal. When you go in one portal, you come out the other. In chamber 11, you get the other part of the gun. You can then shoot both portals. It is a puzzle game, with fun, albeit hard, puzzles.

I don't have The Orange Box, but I do have Team Fortress 2. Team Fortress 2 is more of a fun and comical first person shooter rather than a serious shooting game such as Counter-Strike Source. I've played 12 hours of TF2 in the last 2 weeks, and have found it both exciting and enjoying. It depends on your tastes whether you will like the game or not.

I have heard Orange Box is really fun. However, I was watching my friend play Portal on my Xbox 360 once and it looked very confusing. However, that is probably just because I had never played it before, and had not read any instructions on the game.

Who owns/has played he games included in The Orange Box? The Orange Box is a game pack from Valve that includes some of their best games (or at least I hear so): Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2 Episode 1 and Episode 2, Team Fortress 2, and Portal. I don't own any of these [yet], but i have played Portal. It's an FPS where you play a test subject. Around chamber 5, you get the forst part of the "Apeture Science Handheld Portal Device". It can shoot a blue portal. There is also an orange portal. When you go in one portal, you come out the other. In chamber 11, you get the other part of the gun. You can then shoot both portals. It is a puzzle game, with fun, albeit hard, puzzles.

I own the orange box set, Portal was an awesom game totaly worth getting the box set

episode 1 is killer
episode 2 seems really short
lost Coast is a cheap Thrill

TF2 is by far the money maker with all the new items coming out right now you got 95 achievements and 6 extra weapons for the medic and the pyro really makes a great game for friends to get to gether on me and my fiencee play to gether all the time..

Lol, Lost Coast is a free tech demo you can get off of Steam from back when Half Life 2 came out.That was probably the first start of HDR in (mainstream) games (that I can think of).The Orange Box is the best Bang For Your Buck set you can ever get, if you don't already have HL, HL:ep1 and all the other stuff that came out before the Orange Box was released. Even still. Getting EP2 and Portal is pretty decent. I don't play team fortress 2 though, so I'm probably missing out on that part.It's cool though, because I could "gift" the license for the games I already owned to a friend of mine, so he got to play HL2 and HL ep1 for free (well I paid for em, but he still got to play em)Portal is definitely a kickass game, not even just for the gameplay, but the dry humor they play throughout with the AI tracking your progress. The gameplay just makes it all the more unique, and I hope they make a cool sequel for it, because it's definitely needed.The Half Life series is going strong, unlike most game or movie titles that suck in the middle and have a lackluster finale. I do hope they take it in a good direction, and I think they will for the end of the series, because they give a damn about their customers (or at least fake it if they don't, who knows :) )

I have played it and by far it is one of the best first person shooters I have ever played. You need a really beefed up computer to run the game properly, AMD Athlon graphics cards or something of that sort are almost required to play it with no latency. However, I ran it on a standard Intel Mobil Chipset graphics card and it was a little slow at times but still the best.