xisto Community

Hi,I am running FC5 on my PII computer. But I don't get my sound device working. The PC is somehow hairy - its a compaq pressario and has a built in sound card...and I think thats the culprit. I couldn't resove this issue so far...

It's not like it's windows...I can run a 2.6 kernel in the same requirements as a 2.4 kernel...I don't see the issue here. The biggest hog in a linux system would be the X server and window manager (and all the crap the wm starts up...kde comes to mind) so if you use a conservative window manager like gnome or icewm or enlightenment you should have no problem running the latest fedora core version on a P2.

you should have no problem running the latest fedora core version on a P2.

No problem with the latest core. However, if you want to install the full Linux release on an old Pentium II machine with only 32 or 64 megs memory and an old graphic adapter, you will be surprized when running the latest kde tools.

No problem with the latest core. However, if you want to install the full Linux release on an old Pentium II machine with only 32 or 64 megs memory and an old graphic adapter, you will be surprized when running the latest kde tools.

If all you have is 64 megs of RAM, I wouldn't even recommend putting X11 on there...