Graphics Adapter : 128MB plus 3D Capable

CPU : Pentium 4 2.4GHz or AMD 2400xp+

Screen Resolution : 1280 x 1024

Color : 32-Bit True Color

Network Speed : 768 Kbits/sec

Great idea.. ;) but.. look at the minimum spec.. to high.. :P

Link for more info and download :

http://http://app.spacetime3d.com/

so what does it do? I mean, I want my browser to be fast, not to take like 10 seconds to open (something like photoshop, or any other adobe software, or whatever software takes more than a second to load ;))That's why I love firefox.. it opens instantly when I click the Icon. I haven't tried this one, but judging from the screenshot (real?) and specs, it must take a while to load.

What rendering engine does SpaceTime use? Gecko, Trident, WebKit? I want something secure like Opera.
The biggest problem with this browser is the usability. People will need to relearn how to use a browser with this software. It has a lengthy user guide on how to use SpaceTime.

And yes, this would also be really slow I think because of its system requirements and its graphical capabilities. Perhaps this technology could be applied to other applications (can't think of one right now), but currently, I don't think this is very suitable for browsers.

Given IE 7 already exist does the world really need another resource hog web browser? I am far more impressed with any application that does exactly what it needs to do and nothing more. Sadly it seems the more flash any application has the less functional it is. For example I use Winamp to play MP3 files. Winamp version 2.5 to be precise. It has a play list, play and stop buttons, and a volume control. Do I really need anything else to listen to music while I do something else? No, I do not care about "recommendations" for some crap the company wants to push. (Really, why promote rap *gag* while I am listenong to Bach?) Nor do i need album covers or band pictures or videos or any other load of uselessness that has nothing to do with listening to a file. Similarly, looking at this browser is there any function added or just being flashy for the sake of so doing.

Given IE 7 already exist does the world really need another resource hog web browser? I am far more impressed with any application that does exactly what it needs to do and nothing more. Sadly it seems the more flash any application has the less functional it is.

For example I use Winamp to play MP3 files. Winamp version 2.5 to be precise. It has a play list, play and stop buttons, and a volume control. Do I really need anything else to listen to music while I do something else? No, I do not care about "recommendations" for some crap the company wants to push. (Really, why promote rap *gag* while I am listenong to Bach?) Nor do i need album covers or band pictures or videos or any other load of uselessness that has nothing to do with listening to a file.

Similarly, looking at this browser is there any function added or just being flashy for the sake of so doing.

Don't forget about the Firefox 2 memory leak.

Personally, I think there is nothing wrong with "flash" or visually appealing effects. As long as it is kept to reasonable amounts and does not interfere with the function of the software, it's all good. It shouldn't bloat up the software size to a huge amount. An even better option would be to allow people to disable it, or offer enhanced visual effects as an add-on (such as some Firefox extensions like Tab Effect and ColorfulTabs, not to mention the hundreds of themes out there).

The design should be appealing but it shouldn't be one of the high priorities for the software maker.

Edited by FirefoxRocks (see edit history)

Don't forget about the Firefox 2 memory leak.

Personally, I think there is nothing wrong with "flash" or visually appealing effects. As long as it is kept to reasonable amounts and does not interfere with the function of the software, it's all good. It shouldn't bloat up the software size to a huge amount. An even better option would be to allow people to disable it, or offer enhanced visual effects as an add-on (such as some Firefox extensions like Tab Effect and ColorfulTabs, not to mention the hundreds of themes out there).

The design should be appealing but it shouldn't be one of the high priorities for the software maker.

Exactly what I'm saying Fire. In my comparison i left out the sentence stating the Winamp version I do use is nearly 10 years old because I have zero use for the additional crap. I STILL hate the default XP theme and always switch to classic being another example.

Understand I actually went to college as an art/Graphic design major. Yet I have always been and remain a function first kind of person. When the two come together well like Apple has a habit of doing it pleases me. Of course this fusion of function and design does not often happen, mostly because "design" is a misunderstood term. I am going to have start an entire thread on the subject I think.

Lol i have gone over this post up and down up and down and i cant work out what its about can you please explain abit more about what you guys are talking aboutThanks

It definitely seems different. I went ahead and checked out spacetime.com, and it played the demo of the browser and it's capabilities... and it is pretty cool.I guess it seems like a working scrolling thumbnail selector at the bottom of the browser using Vista techniques. I can see that moving from window to window is also as easy as using the window you are in and use the tabs to go back and forth. I do this with Firefox... and if I need to know which other window is open, I just use the bottom tabs on Vista... Right now I have Creator Classic, My Music folder, and Firefox running... by following my tabs. And I have Gmail, Xisto and the spacetime tabs open in Firefox... so I am set.I guess some of the outer uses of spacetime may be pretty interesting... like the search bar will find selections as images and windows other than a list of links, or even grids of image selections. And they are all running back and forth... I just wonder if you had different selections, if they would begin to get confusing...I can see that it could be fun and different, but I don't think if would be something I would be using all of the time... but then again, I really didn't even download it yet.. all I did was look at the video demonstration. Maybe, just maybe if I still feel interested... I might download it after I am done with my forum postings!Maybe if i had more to go by in the forum posting like user opinions, I may be swayed to try it.

Replying to FirefoxRocksI can't find info on the engine anywhere (I think people tend to regard it as its own separate engine because of all the 3d stuff laid on top), but my tests indicate it may be Trident. A lot of pages I test in it seem to behave like they do in IE and AOL (Css glitches, weird extra formatting, etc), but I can't say for certain.