xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Eggie

Firefox Addon

Well the Mozilla Add-ons site has a Recommended Add-Ons section where you can check out the most popular add-ons.

There is no such thing as a best add-on in my opinion because it all depends on what your browsing preferences are/what you use the browser for. If you are a web developer who uses Firefox to test pages and debug HTML and JavaScript with, then you would probably be using Web Developer Toolbar, Firebug, HTML Validator, IE Tab and related extensions. For the social person, Me.dium and an appropriate toolbar (Facebook, digg, etc) will be really useful.

As for my list of extensions, I have McAfee SIteAdvisor (for safe browsing), Adblock, Adblock Filterset.G Updater, Firebug, YSlow, Update Notifier, Fasterfox, Colorful Tabs, Web Developer Toolbar, Google Toolbar, ColorZilla, Facebook toolar, FireFTP, Google Icon, Me.dium and PDF Download.

In my Firefox on Ubuntu, the only differences are that I have ubufox and Total Validator (instead of HTML Validator).

Browsers do not fall under the category of one size fits all. That's why some extensions are good for some people, and others are better for another person.

Hope this helps.

i have installed only facebook addon of the above...but i heard from my friends that there is a addon like a search bar.When you type something in that, it opens random page containing that phrase/word...i think it was about that...or was it?i think you should know about that...welll your nickname surely is :FirefoxRocks

Some people are "visual," others find images a distraction. I fall in the latter category. My Firefox extensions are (I'm checking the Tools | Add-ons as I write this):1. Adblock Plus -- You know what it does2. NoScript -- Turns off Javascript and other stuff. You can re-enable it by website, one-time or permanently3. PDF Downloader -- Lets you separate PDFs from the browser, so it doesn't freeze.4. PopupMaster -- Complementary to Adblock Plus.I have to add a caveat. I have two computers. When I want all the java, video, music, flash, etc. I use one computer. When I want to browse text with peace and quiet, I use the other, with all these plugins active.

Is there a FireFox addon that shows you how long it took for each element on a web page to load (plus execute in the case of JS scripts).I'm thinking of removing unnecessary JS code on certain pages, where they affect overall page load performance.

Is there a FireFox addon that shows you how long it took for each element on a web page to load (plus execute in the case of JS scripts).I'm thinking of removing unnecessary JS code on certain pages, where they affect overall page load performance.

yeah...i would like that too ^_^

I think NoScript does that, however I am not sure that it actually removes the scripts. I think that it allows whitelists and blacklists, although I've actually never used that extension before. You can try disabling JavaScript entirely if you wish, however that may not be such a good idea nowadays.

I think NoScript does that, however I am not sure that it actually removes the scripts.

That's OK, for blocking JS scripts the easiest option is to hit Shift+Ctrl+B in AdBlock Plus and selecting the annoying element from the list.

My Plugins are:ChatZillaEditCSSFirebugIE TabiMacrosTamper DatatranslatorVideoDownloaderWizz RSS News ReaderYoYo Games InstantPlayI reccomend you get chatZilla, IE Tab, translator and VideoDownloader. If you're a web developer, you should get Firebug and EditCSS, as well.

The ones I have are plain and simple

Fasterfox

New Tab Button On Tab Bar - Makes making new tabs easy

IE Tab - Not every site is Firefox ready yet!

McAfee SiteAdvisor

I used to have a weather forcast plugin, but it was annoying me so I got rid of it!