xisto Community
Eggie

Need Help With Background Image...

I want to add background image to all sites on my website but some include "foot.php" and "head.php" and some "footer.php" and "header.php" but all include "config.php" but i dont know in which should i put it....any help??

Edited by Eggie (see edit history)

I want to add background image to all sites on my website but some include "foot.php" and "head.php" and some "footer.php" and "header.php" but all include "config.php" but i dont know in which should i put it....any help??

done....i put a code in a css file and i made it work...if anyone wants to you can check it out http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Thats good that you figured it out, however I think you probably should have edited your origonal post rather then quoting it in a reply. You get just as many Host Credits and keep your solved topics from jumping in front of unsolved ones. Just a suggestion.I was woundering why do you have both a foot.php and a footer.php wouldn't it be more organized to keep them as one and run an if string? Unless they are large files I guess would be the only reason.Good luck with your game ^_^,Sparkx

Edited by sparkx (see edit history)

I was woundering why do you have both a foot.php and a footer.php wouldn't it be more organized to keep them as one and run an if string? Unless they are large files I guess would be the only reason.
Good luck with your game ^_^,
Sparkx

well...
the think is i didn't create this game on my own...a friend started it and i just finished it and debugged it!
i can't get people to play it... i am in 2 networks with trading links(http://www.adgridwork.com/)(http://www.linkreferral.com/).some people just visit them, but none registers...only one except my few friends registered and played(2 times)
i dont know any other (FREE) way to advertise it

well...

the think is i didn't create this game on my own...a friend started it and i just finished it and debugged it!

i can't get people to play it... i am in 2 networks with trading links(http://www.adgridwork.com/)(http://www.linkreferral.com/).some people just visit them, but none registers...only one except my few friends registered and played(2 times)

i dont know any other (FREE) way to advertise it

Well, only for curiosity i just register to your game, but it dont work fine because it shows up javascript errors, everytime i access any single page of your site shows an error on Line 95, and when you mouse over the navigation links on the left side shows up an error on line 171.

BTW, every javascrip error happens twice.

Best regards,

I am guessing you aren't using mozilla firefox to get in my site...try it with mozilla and should work fine...errors are probably cause of ad's

I am guessing you aren't using mozilla firefox to get in my site...try it with mozilla and should work fine...errors are probably cause of ad's

Well, you are right, in that moment i access your site with Internet Explorer. So, i will try later to check it out, right now i can't i'm not at home.

Best regards,

Well, you are right, in that moment i access your site with Internet Explorer. So, i will try later to check it out, right now i can't i'm not at home.
Best regards,

that site is down..i'm transferring it to eggie.astahost.com when i get approved by admin

that site is down..i'm transferring it to eggie.astahost.com when i get approved by admin

Well, congrats your site is approved ;), i just check it -this time with Firefox-, so, please let me know when you transfer it completely to view it again and verify if the javascript errors shows.
Best regards,

Just a side note: Your site should be compatible with Internet Explorer, Firefox and Opera in order for the widest amount of people to play it. But if it is compatible with Mozilla, it should be compatible with Firefox.

If it's a family site for sharing pictures, you need to test it with Microsoft Internet Explorer, because a lot of computers in the world are sold with IE pre-installed.If it's a gaming site, it has to be reachable by newbies using dad's computer, which probably also has Microsoft Internet Explorer.So, Internet Explorer must be the first browser you should test.

Just a side note: Your site should be compatible with Internet Explorer, Firefox and Opera in order for the widest amount of people to play it. But if it is compatible with Mozilla, it should be compatible with Firefox.

Aren't Mozilla and firefox equal?well...my browser's name is Mozilla Firefox.I dont know why i get javascript errors...
can anyone here be my helper in that game...i need someone experienced with it!

well...i think that the internet explorer isn't that good so i don't use it...internet explorer was made by microsoft so i dont like but i still use their Windows XP ;) thats enough to them
EDIT:BTW as my site was approved and back online and my site here on Xisto was denied because of too many one line posts i will stay there until more errors come back and i get too many people so i need to change(as it is 5GB it is unlikely to happen soon)
Edited by Eggie (see edit history)

Aren't Mozilla and firefox equal?well...my browser's name is Mozilla Firefox.I dont know why i get javascript errors...
can anyone here be my helper in that game...i need someone experienced with it!

well...i think that the internet explorer isn't that good so i don't use it...internet explorer was made by microsoft so i dont like but i still use their Windows XP ;) thats enough to them
EDIT:BTW as my site was approved and back online and my site here on Xisto was denied because of too many one line posts i will stay there until more errors come back and i get too many people so i need to change(as it is 5GB it is unlikely to happen soon)

Checking your code i notice that you use for every javascript function a SCRIPT TAG, it is not necesary, enclose all your functions with only one and put it inside the HEAD section of your page.

Also, I recommend you to install the Firebug add-on, it's an excellent tool for debuging your html, css and javascript code, you don't know how useful is this tool.

You can download and install it from Get Firebug.

Best regards,
Edited by TavoxPeru (see edit history)