xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Eggie

Land Of The Damned

this game is my project i am working on ATM if you wish to join me in it post reply here and i will get back to you and bring you in
you need to have experience in using PHP,SQL,HTML.....dont eve bother posting here if you dont have that experience!
test version http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

EDIT:does anyone want a banner exchange with me?
i need people to register...i have only few

Edited by Eggie (see edit history)

Hey I joined, sorry that this post is a little late but there are a few pointers I could give you if your still there, here they are:First of I believe you should use a different color scheme that one just seems a little to dark and.. blue, maybe just lighten it up a bit, it looks a little more futuristic. Secondly I looked through many of the features however I see nothing that truly makes your game, YOUR game, I do like the feel of everything about the game its just I have seen so many games like this a would be more interested if you had some "NEW" features such as clans, more than one person fights(I don't have much info on how you could do that), quests to do to keep people hooked. Also there needs to be a little faster "Set-up" time if you know what I mean, getting people started off with lots to do is a big catch. Now it may just be that I did not spend an amazing amount of time on your game but it is a suggestion, I personally was a bit lost. Another hint is make the tutorial a little less time consuming. You could still keep your long version of the tutorial but I believe putting out a a short 1 min. read tutorial would be key or one that follows you through the game for awhile. Oh yes I found a strange little glitch when I was revived it gave me this under my game stats"Revive in 38 Minutes"Just wanted to know, am I then alive or dead, it says I have full health now? Other than this I think you have a great idea and game on your hands, with a little advertising and work you could be up there with the top games.best of luck to you and your game,~Orannis

Hey I joined, sorry that this post is a little late but there are a few pointers I could give you if your still there, here they are:
First of I believe you should use a different color scheme that one just seems a little to dark and.. blue, maybe just lighten it up a bit, it looks a little more futuristic. Secondly I looked through many of the features however I see nothing that truly makes your game, YOUR game, I do like the feel of everything about the game its just I have seen so many games like this a would be more interested if you had some "NEW" features such as clans, more than one person fights(I don't have much info on how you could do that), quests to do to keep people hooked. Also there needs to be a little faster "Set-up" time if you know what I mean, getting people started off with lots to do is a big catch. Now it may just be that I did not spend an amazing amount of time on your game but it is a suggestion, I personally was a bit lost. Another hint is make the tutorial a little less time consuming. You could still keep your long version of the tutorial but I believe putting out a a short 1 min. read tutorial would be key or one that follows you through the game for awhile. Oh yes I found a strange little glitch when I was revived it gave me this under my game stats

"Revive in 38 Minutes"

Just wanted to know, am I then alive or dead, it says I have full health now? Other than this I think you have a great idea and game on your hands, with a little advertising and work you could be up there with the top games.

best of luck to you and your game,

~Orannis

lol...now you are saying...i am not on that game anymore...i changed few...and i chose that i'll create my very own from scratch...
it's gonna be first Motorcycle game (RPG) i hope and i hope i succeed with it...
i am not on Land of Damned cause i need globals enabled to make it work...ALL other hosts other than that one has GLOBALS disabled....so i cant use it...

Oh most disappointing, especially after all that writing :P This new idea sounds interesting, a motorcycle RPG? would this be something like a football or soccer RPG? I would be happy to look at it and help you a little with stuff like I did above. Sorry about the hosts that was a shame, another cruel victory for the hosting company (jerks). Good luck on your new project Eggie! ;) ~Orannis

Oh most disappointing, especially after all that writing :P This new idea sounds interesting, a motorcycle RPG? would this be something like a football or soccer RPG? I would be happy to look at it and help you a little with stuff like I did above. Sorry about the hosts that was a shame, another cruel victory for the hosting company (jerks). Good luck on your new project Eggie! ;)
~Orannis

well...i just came up with that project...i only have primitive sites with no background(white) and black letters...i have registration page,login,race page...which is about 100 lines...and all it does is put form in front of you and you choose a bike you want to race against...than it takes you to another page which tells you how many times you won/lost overall and if you won the race you selected or not...you have 50/50 chance to win
mt_rand(1,2)
i am only newbie programmer and i dont know many codes...but i'm learning it...i made this pages in like 2 days...
i am using other scripts which i have on my pc to help me with coding...
i will give you the link when i finish a bit of the game...like adding more motorcycles to pick and other stuff....

i am thinking about making this...
when you register you choose bikes that have 50ccm,after you win certain amount of points you gain ability to choose better bike (150ccm)
while winning you get cash with which you can modernize your bike and making it look and perform better...
after i do that i am thinking of adding competitions for my first update....
what do you think??

if anyone wants to join my project later on when i finish basic stuff contact me at jurica666@hotmail.com msn or send me PM here....thnx

Hmmm... The bikes you can unlock sounds interesting that way you would need real skill to get you hands on one of the hod rod bikes out there, especial with that 50/50 chance. ;) Just kidding. Cash prizes good.. you know you would have to get a lot of pictures for all these bikes and stuff. I suggest doing something like buying individual parts that do something like better handle gives.. well better handling! You could also have bike teams with a "sponsor", well it would just be there team name they made up really. You could also implement a "garage" type of deal to hold all there bikes so that you could choose what one to use for different environments etc. Heck you could even make it a full blow RPG with fitness stats and everything, I got lots of ideas, they just flow really. By competitions do you mean something you yourself would host as a community event? That would be cool.So ya just some of my thoughts on it, sounds kinda cool even though I'm not big into biking myself, good luck coding if your new however I am to so don't count on me to much. :P and if ya need any help you can count me in.~Orannis

i like your ideas....i will probably use most of them...i really like that one about sponsors and fitness stuff...but i'll see about garage thingy...i will not most probably get cash prizes and as i'm from Croatia noone would be interested in coming here from all over the world just to see me...;)