xisto Community
kxrain

For You Is Money The Root Of All Evil?

Money evil or not?  

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For me:Money makes the world go round. Without money you die. This is what money can do into our lives. Well money also makes people bad. They think that if they have lots of money they can control everything. Money is not the answer for world peace instead we must unite. People don't have money will effect to evil doings. From thousand years ago money/gold is root of evil. This is only in my own opinion. How about you?Money...money...money...makes someone crazy..Dont throw your money instead make it a valuable..

Nope, evil existed a long time before money existed and there are a lot of bad things happening in the world that have absolutely nothing to do with money.

Money is not the root of all evil. It contributes to evil though, as it is valuable and people will kill people for it. Therefor, I am communist. Communism requires some 'nastiness' to keep people in check but is worth it. If the world was communist, far less evil would exist.

Well here we go down the rabbit hole. The original saying comes from the Bible in 1 Timothy 6:10. The King James Version states the following: âFor the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.â

I have heard this many places before, apparently when this passage was translated into English, it was not translated quite correctly. Many modern translations state that the love of money is A root of evil. Another translation is that the love of things or covetousness is the root of all evil. You can see most of the main stream translations at http://biblehub.com/1_timothy/6-10.htm. You can also read some commentary on the subject at http://www.cbn.com/four0four.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/spirituallife/CBNTeachi/FAQ_money.aspx. I do not mean to make this a purely Christian discussion but the original saying comes from the Bible and I am trying to keep it in the same context.

Not money is a root of all the evil. Wars are made because of territories, religions and even leaders' thought and not for money. They are like a bonus.Then more money you have then more happy you are. It's a fact that people without money aren't happy. They can't buy thing they need for normal life. They often have bad relations with wife, son, doter, and that's because of lack of money. Look at people who have a lot of money, they have everything they need and in time, they don't need to plan when by a new car, their wife or husban happy because they now that the net day will come and they'll able to pay for bills and food. The root of eveil, for me, are people who have no enough money and they start wars, they kill people (for money again) and they have everything arround them.

Is the right translation the love of money the root of all evil?

For You Is Money The Root Of All Evil?

The William Tyndale translation is the only version that gets this one, and truly translates it, you can get a copy from efaith.Com.Au, the right translation is the love of covetousness is the root of all evil, Satan coveted Gods Throne, eve before money coveted the forbidden fruit etc. (The New Testament by William Tyndale, edited by David Daniell to modern text) (The Tyndale old testament is also available) these are the most amazing and easy to read translations of the bible, Tyndales English translation said to be better the all 3000 other English texts his greek and Hebrew surpass all translations to date ( amazing or a gift of God) I would say the latter but you decide.

-reply by Carey

My opinion is that some people are inherently evil with, or without money, while others are characterised with kindness and generosity with, or without, money. It's just that money exposes what's actually inside the person who has it. I had come across this opinion poll which says 'Money is not 'the root of all evil'. The 'love' of money is the root of all evil'.' sounds very true.

Money is and is not the cause of evilFor You Is Money The Root Of All Evil?Money is not the root cause of evil, but the desire for more and more of it is evil.For one person money may mean charity for the poor like in the case of mother Teresa. But for another person money may mean arms to be used against innocent people like in the case of Osama.So the nature of money itself cannot be judged. However it can be characterized in the hands of the holder.Had money not been there we could not have boasted of the sound economy of our country, of the infrastructural growth taking place acrosss the length and breadth of the country.So in my opinion money definitely is not evil unless used for evil.-reply by Pallavi singhal

For you is money the root of all evil?For You Is Money The Root Of All Evil?

Money is not the root of all evil. Human beings are. By nature human beings are insecure. And because of their sense of insecurity they hoard( aquire). This is the true reason for all the strife in the world.

Money is only a tool of exchange, invented by man. It only represents a product. Since the products are too gross to be hoarded and stocked, man invented the tool called money,which can buy all that he desires.

ASHOK 

Well in a way money is good ánd evil. It really depends on how it's used.It can be used for greed, stock it all up in 1% of the population and let 99% be poor, to buy weapons to wage war or make people jump whenever you tell them to.But it could also be used to feed 100% of the people, invest it in a better world, better healthcare and research/build a more eco friendly society.I can't vote in this lol, as it's used for evil, but can be used for good as well if people wanted to.

Money was first a way for materializing work exchange.You help me building my house, I help you taking care of your garden and your animals. This was easier while giving work against money. Lazy people have less money and have to work harder if they want to get enough food.Of course, as in most of generalized systems, a lot of deviances come on top of this, and some people have a lot money while doing absolutely no work.The real problem is not money, the real problem is he human nature.If the system were based on apples or pieces or bread, the problem would probably turn being exactly the same.Of course, this text is only a piece of philosophical thinking, there is no easy way to check if suppressing money will make people in a given land feel really better.

I also think that Money is not really bad, but how Money is used can be bad, the economic model also doesn't seem to work, especially with all those speculations with money, banks and other financial institutions which speculate with money. :DAlso all those loans seems to be good, but also bad!