xisto Community
dserban

Software To Concatenate Mp3 Files

Hi,

Kindly check out this resource. Note that you can losslessly split and concatenate MP3s (much the same way as you can losslessly rotate JPGs in 90-degree increments). Cutting MP3's precisely where a frame ends will result in a clean, lossless cut.

I would not recommend blindly concatenating them with generic software though (i.e. cat) since this does not respect the internal format of the files---particularly, file metadata goes at the end of the MP3, and less advanced players might get confused that actual music data (the beginning of the second file) follows the metadata (of the first file), which supposedly should be the end already.

Hope that helps.

i know this isn't nearly a recommended method, but you could always use a prog like acid pro or ableton live and just set them end to end... surely an actual splicing would be preferable, but at least you could beatmatch and/or overlap them somewhat easily lol...

MP3Cutter is another one of those softwares that allows you to cut out pieces from MP3 files without loosing quality. Although, I am not sure it can join files. It is a Freeware so the limitations can't be criticized.

Power MP3 Cutter Joiner from sagasoft gets over these limitations and as can be inferred from the name, allows both cutting and joining of MP3 files. Not sticking to the name ethics, it supports other common formats too - WAV, WMA & OGG. It comes at a price of $24.95.

I would recommend Visual MP3 Splitter & Joiner. It is very simple, convenient, full-featured

Did you try it ? is it free ? Does it compare with AudioCatalyst ?