xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kxrain

How To Make Something Like This?

Online image editor is more than just a little script. its not something you can make in 5 minutes.it would be fairly hard i reckon, i wouldnt be able to do it.you'll have to learn how to do it your self, its probably too big for someone to just "give you the script".

yeah, i don't think there's any easy way to do this. you'd have to bite the bullet and get some books in order to do this. i really don't see a pressing need to do this if there is already someone that has done the work to get a site such as this working. Why try to reinvent the wheel? But, good luck!

This must be a really difficult project that you are taking on to create an online photo editor. Unlike "software" software, web software is primarily based on PHP (or another similar server language like ASP, etc) and Flash. Of course you'll need HTML and CSS for the browser to display the information, but the program works on PHP and other scripts and stuff.

A better example of an online photo editor would be Picnik. It allows importing photos from various photo hosting services and social networking sites such as Facebook. You may be able to pick up a few pointers on how the whole thing works by visitng the Developers section and looking at some samples: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Hope this helps.

Ya, you can't find a script to do that...

..I replied to one of your posts about finding free web templates to edit. I think maybe you should just try to sit down and learn some web programming. You'll probably spend more time trying to read, edit and install scripts and applications you don't understand, than you would if you learned the language!

But, to stay on topic, here is another online image editing site: a.viary.com. The site is actually a whole online suite of web applications (image editing, video editing etc..). Its in the beta stage for their image editing application right now and you can sign up for it. I got my invite after a couple days of signing up... Its very cool!