xisto Community
inbetween

What Language Do You Speak? Ive always wanted to learn new words... I wonder if anyone else d

How many languages do you speak?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I can speak English, my main language. I can also speak a little French and Japanese! Its been that long since i have said anything in another language, i probably can't remember much. I do remember counting in Japanese though! ^_^

I am fluent on Lithuanian language, because it's my mother language, but it's quite a hard language to learn, especially for foreign people, also I am not so bad at English, except when speaking I have this accent and I can't speak so fast like real English people do + my dictionary is quite low, it's very hard for me to speak for example about foods, I need to take a dictionary to say what a dumpling is.. I think that's because I usually read and write much more than speak and I don't write to much about foods, so all I need is a good practice in some foreign country.. I also can easily speak Russian and understand it, but I definitely can't write any, due to I never wanted nor I want to learn it ^_^ though I can read it very slowly ;) I learnt German for about 4 years in School, but I don't remember anything, I can say basic stuff though, whats my name and where I live ;D

How does Lithuanian look like ? Is the writing like Russian, with Cyrillik characters ?

No, Lithuanian language has nothing to do with Russian, Cyrillic, even though there are some words taken from them, they have taken from us.. but Lithuanian language belongs to Balts, and in fact it didn't change a lot from the past, as did most of the languages, so it is attractive to historians, the letters are latin, just that we have "ąčęėįšųūž" 9 more letters and officially there are no qwx letters in the abc ;D

You can always read more on Wikipedia ^_^

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithuanian_language

I speak fluent english, as I am from the UK. Being precise, I am from Scotland. Therefor, I also know Scots, Scottish English (Scots and Scottish English are similiar) and a small amount of gaelic. I also know some french, as most people in western countries do, and am hoping to learn dutch. I also know some basic grammar of spanish, but very little vocabulary.

I can read, write, and speak English and Navajo (Native American tribe).I tried learning from one of thoughs books that have like +18 languages to learn greetings and such from. It's been two years since then but I don't think I remember enought to impress the opposite sex. But from time to time it comes up like in business or tourist situations. Anywho I would be great to learn that stuff online again.I only seem to learn and retain languages with i'm immersed in that kind of environment - like a college/university setting. Oh well ^_^

c++ (it's a language!)

Good Call! ;) If we are talking about those types of languages (which im sure we're not) i think there is going to lots of people speaking lots of different languages! ^_^