xisto Community
sparkx

Astahost Problem

I have been having trouble with Xisto for the past few days but now it is worse then it has been. I think I may have gotten banned but I have enough host credits. Whenever I go onto my website or cpanel (or anyone else’s website that is hosted on Xisto). I get:
The domain "http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/; is invalid.
Here is an example: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
Does anyone know what is wrong? Has anyone else noticed this problem? I just wanted to bring it to your attention. It seems almost like the server is down but the last reboot was only a few days ago. It could be that the servers are in California and they are getting hit by that storm (however the more I think about it the less I think that is the problem).

Thanks in advance,
Sparkx

Im not sure exactly what server I am using. I access the admin cpanel from 2082 if that helps. The same error is occuring to the faq website so I must be on that same server or both the servers are having the same problem. I have checked around and yordan's website appears to have the same problem. In fact I have yet to find a website subdomain.astahost.com that is working. Sorry I can't give you any more information unless there is a way to check the server without the admin cpanel.Thanks,Sparkx

My internet provider at this time is embarq. I have just now had an error page correction saying that embarq does not recognize the page... Ok, so I just figured that it was a new concept that embarq was going with... so I disabled, but now I have issues with my index page coming up... Hmmm.... oddly enough I plan to do some majr troubleshooting in the next few moments...

when i access mine via web i get a server not found...then when i go to filezilla to see my files, i get a:Status: Resolving IP-Address for ftp.kh3c.astahost.comError: Invalid hostname or host not foundError: Critical errorError: Could not connect to serverworked yesterday, but I'm not really going to complain because i just happened to copy it all down locally to do some work anyways...only funny part is that i use it as a home page, and since i go through multiple routers, its not uncommon for my connection to screw up... although i noticed my chat and torrents were working just fine... so i came here...oh well, all 2 of my visitors will have to wait.... (both are computers on my network : )

All users hosted through Xisto are on the Gamma server. In order to check its status visit this page. At the moment of speaking, all services are online and functioning properly. However, I cannot access faqs.astahost.com either ^_^

i cant access faqs.astahost.com either.recently i had a problem where i couldnt get on Xisto hosted sites, is that the prolem you are having? try going on other peoples. i used Xisto - Support.com to get it fixed. dont bother with a ticket, just use the live chat!

At this time, Gamma's MySQL database crashed, that may explain why you might not have access to many things. Also, last check, the server was overloaded.I'll forward this over to Xisto.UPDATE: MySQL is back up, but the server is still overloaded.UPDATE2: The server is back to normal.xboxrulz

My server is still redirects to different sites. I think I am on the gamma server. I went to xisto and they don't say anything on there site about the problem that is occuring. A moderator or admin should go to "Live Support Online" and see why the servers are acting so odd. Hopefully they didn't delete all the files. That would be bad...Thanks,Sparkx

I also have problems and can't access my cPanel or web, i just check the status of the services and all of them are online, i verify my credits and i don't run out of them.Best regards,Edit: i guess that right now the Xisto's tech support are working hard because now i can access my cPanel but not my web.

Edited by TavoxPeru (see edit history)

I had problems for half a month accessing my cPanel, FTP and site. Finally Xisto - Support fixed it on live chat, after phoning my ISP and screwing up the Lokkit Ubuntu Firewall. The support ticket that I submitted isn't even responded to yet. Don't even bother with that, it'll just waste your hosting credits.I was accessing it fine yesterday, haven't tried today.Ok just tried, and it is now inaccessible again! Argh!

I apologizex1000 for what happened. The reason was "me". The servers were alright. All members who are using DOMAINS to host their website at Xisto.com servers will agree that their sites were working fine.So, Why the Sub-domains?Yesterday, I got up in the morning to check my mailbox and found my inbox -EMPTY-.No New Mails at all... No, it was not my lucky day.. First time in my life, I was cursing spammers for not even sending me a single spam. Things were not correct and it was not a joke.. So, I checked all the mail settings, filters, spam blocks and finally asked Mike(member of Xisto) to send me a test email. Which Obviously, did NOT drop in my mail box.1.5 days of COMPANY emails getting lost is BIG FAT BLOW (Trust me). I went through the DNS records of Xisto and found it to have a DIFFERENT MX record. It had the record of a different Hosting company. My immediate concern was not to find the bugger who did this, but was to make the records secure enough so that these mistakes do not happen hence forth.The error was due to a bug in CPanel and my having xisto.com linked as Xisto Free account manager on servers. When I had started Xisto, Xisto.com was the "owner" of accounts created for Xisto. This helps to sort the accounts for Xisto and Xisto. I am assuming that some of our members might have tried to PARK or ADD a domain with the host nameservers as this XYZ company.My MX record with 0 priority was not set. I use Google for my company mails, so according to their instruction, the priority is set from 1,5,5,10 ..Yesterday, I shifted my DNS to external cluster (outside Xisto) for Xisto, Xisto, Xisto - Web Hosting, Xisto - Support and Xisto. This will make sure that tomorrow if anything happens to our nameservers or DNS making all sites un-reachable, our main site will still be functional (if our servers are up to display them).This move (which is a bit complicated) will ensure that our communication with our members will be maintained even if there are DNS failures in future.Okay, now when doing all this, I forgot, Xisto.com has a lot of subdomains whose information is stored on our cluster and its impossible to move every domains DNS to outer network. Anyway, As difficult as it sounds, I solved the issue by pointing a WILDCARD * for Xisto Subdomain to our Gamma server. So all subdomains will start working.If its not, give it a 3-4 hours and it will. I am again sorry for everything that happened and I should had been more careful. But I was doing my best and mistakes do happen under pressure. :-/

Thanks for your timely response there OpaQue.However, something doesn't add up, why was the server also overloading today? It peaked over 24.xx which caused a lot of services down. Everybody's MySQL went down and no one can really access their scripts except HTML for a good hour.xboxrulz

Well, on my side now, everything seems to work, cpanel, phpmyadmin and the http sites and I browsed around yesterday too and don't remember to have any problems.. Service status also seems to be alright and besides SiteUpTime didn't send me any email alerts.. ^_^