xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
levimage

I Cant Install Itunes, Quicktime, Or Ipod Updater Doesnt seem to work

I cant seem to install Itunes, Quicktime, or Ipod updater software. Everytime I download a different version it doesn't seem to work. I've tried uninstalling the all the software, cleaning up registry entries, rebooting and finally trying to install it again. I keep getting the error "________ software doesn't not run in Windows 95 compatibility mode." After further investigation I found out the compatiblilty option was selected in the shortcuts. So I uncheck it and tried to run the software. I then get the Windows dialog about a serious error and then it asks if i want to send a report to Microsoft.I want to get the above software installed again but I can't seem to get it to work after it is installed. Has anyone ever experienced this. The computer is a Windows XP pro. Help me if you can or have any suggestions. The computer is not connected to the Internet so I cant send the troubleshooting reports to anyone.

I cant seem to install Itunes, Quicktime, or Ipod updater software. Everytime I download a different version it doesn't seem to work. I've tried uninstalling the all the software, cleaning up registry entries, rebooting and finally trying to install it again. I keep getting the error "________ software doesn't not run in Windows 95 compatibility mode." After further investigation I found out the compatiblilty option was selected in the shortcuts. So I uncheck it and tried to run the software. I then get the Windows dialog about a serious error and then it asks if i want to send a report to Microsoft.
I want to get the above software installed again but I can't seem to get it to work after it is installed. Has anyone ever experienced this. The computer is a Windows XP pro. Help me if you can or have any suggestions. The computer is not connected to the Internet so I cant send the troubleshooting reports to anyone.

Sounds almost like a virus to me...maybe something doing some DLL hooking improperly patched system files.

Previously I got some error installing iTune as well as. After much searching in the net, the main cause was due to installing Quicktime Alternative in my computer. It detects that the version of quicktime installed was out-dated and with errors. The solution I did was to uninstall all codecs (with registry removed) and re-install iTune with quicktime. It works for me after that. You might want to try that. Or maybe the iTune itself is out-dated. Uninstall previous iTune+Quicktime+Codec and installed the latest. If not, then maybe its a virus or system error. Then Formatting of your system is unavoidable. Hope it helps

as a matter of fact... they require some heavy usage of newer api's... on my old win2k sys i needed like SP5 or better... and xp i think needed sp2 or better... so i really don't think there's a chance it would even run on a 95 or 98 system... (especially since that was around when USB picked up on the PC side, and what use to Apple are you if you don't even have a usb iPod...)

Just in case,To make sure you are not running under compatibility mode, right click the program's icon, and click on "Properties". The Properties window will pop-up. You will see at least four tabs here, click on "Compatibility".In the Compatibility page of the Properties window, there are three sections; "Compatibility mode", "Display settings", and "Input settings". Make sure all check boxes are unchecked.Did that help?

I gave up. I think I have no choice but to back everything up and do a reinstall. I've waisted too much time. I've tried:1) the Microsoft Application Compatibility kit.2) uninstalling the other media players and installing their latest versions; then try installing3) uninstalling everying but WMP 11 and codecs; then try installingIt's a lost cause. I'm sure Apple has something on their website but I can't troubleshoot a broken PC at a coffee shop, or setup my vehicle as a mobile wireless PC repair station (bumming WiFi from the coffee shop) ^_^ Not enough mobile power. LOLThanks for the responses everybody.