xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Aol Pulls Plug On Netscape Web Browser Netscape first Victim of the Browser Wars

Well we have our first official victim of the browser wars AOL-Time Warner have finally giving up and will be not supporting the Netscape browser as of Feb 1 2008. Of course the two big reasons for the loss of Netscape is internet explorer and of course firefox, the cousin of Netscape. Of course people will still be able to use it, just it won't be supported after 13 years in the business.
Well we all know for those who been following the browser wars that one day one of the big name browsers were going to call it quits. But the time frame though was a bit longer then i suspect since 2004 (birth of firefox), but again though not to many people switch at first until the spread the firefox campaign started. Of course we all knew that no name browsers would soon be lost and only the big name browsers would stay.

So now that Netscape is out the question will be who is next?

SOURCE

i think netscape has gona down hill anyway.i really liked version 8 or 8.1 or something, it looked really nice. but the newest version is exactly the same as firefox but with different buttons and tabs are always open like internet explorer. i dont no anyone who uses netscape so i dont think it will be much of a loss.