xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Itunes Album Art Unknown error -609

Ok, for Christmas, I got an iPod nano 3rd generation. (The wide one). The day after, I downloaded iTunes 7.5 (Only took about 4 hours with my dial-up). Anyway, I put all my songs onto it, but I wanted the album art, too (My Cover Flow's a little... Bland). So I tried downloading it with itunes, but I get an error...When I check the "Automatically download missing album art" checkbox in the preferences, nothing happens, nothing pops up.When I click "Get Album Artwork", I get an error box that says "Could not get artwork for some Albums". Under that is a little box, with heaps of errors like this:Artwork for "Silverchair - Young Modern" could not be found. An unknown error occurred (-609).And there's one error for every song in my library.When I right click on a song and click "Get Album Art", the same thing happens, except it only shows the error for the song I click on.I've made sure all the right Albums, artists and names are there, spelt correctly and everything. Does anyone know what the problem is?

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

thats wot i use. i have the album art for all my songs because the ipod touch looks weird without it. ive also got the young modern cover if u wanted me to email it to u, lol.

just make sure they actually ARE right. theres a program called fixtunes (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) that corrects all the tags and can get album art for most songs.

there is a heap of posts on the apple forum about this error and so far, none of the apple staff, or anyone at all for that fact have been able to find a solution to this problem! hopefully someone will find one soon!

there is a heap of posts on the apple forum about this error and so far, none of the apple staff, or anyone at all for that fact have been able to find a solution to this problem! hopefully someone will find one soon!

Yeah, I noticed that when I was looking through all the apple discussions. There's heaps on it.

At the moment, I'm just going on bigpondmusic.com and finding album art for everything. If they do fix it though, I hope it doesn't mean I'll have to download a new version of iTunes. It took me 3-4 hours, with my dial-up. And that was without going on any other websites or anything.

You know, I really don't think they thought about dial-up users when they made iTunes. Everything on there's massive, I've just started downloading a 63mb game from there which I was too afraid to start before. But there's only 5 hours remaining *sarcastic grin*
Edited by Habble (see edit history)

jay like ive said before, i can download things for you and give them to you.lol it took u 3 hours to download itunes. it took me about 20 minutes. and lol 5 minutes to download 63 megabytes.i never thought of bigpond music actually.