xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xboxrulz1405241485

You Could Actually Raise The Macbook's Speaker Higher Than Its Limit!

Many Macbook owners have known this as a terrible issue since Apple allegedly released a newer firmware that lowered the maximum volume of its internal speakers. However, don't fear, there's apparently a third-party fix.

Audio Hijack is a third-party software that allows you to increase the volume higher than the default limit. Remember to start this program and press hijack before you launch the program of choice. You can set the audio up to 200% (100% over the default limit).

Just like all third-party software, using it is AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Posted Image

Cheers!

xboxrulz

lol ;) . Now that's why I don't buy apple stuff. They make quality hardware and software, but their firmware upgrades usualy downgrades the device ^_^ , never had that problem with a pc before :P (except maybe when looking for the best overclocking BIOSes ;) )

Putting the volume up that high drives the hardware too hard and you get excessive distortion. Get a pair of higher wattage speakers and run em from the headphone jack, or use AirTunes, or use A2DP to get better soundApple didn't nerf the hardware with a firmware update...they capped the speakers at their rated output maximum so they don't have to support crappy sounding speakers from people that don't know better than not to overdrive their speakers.

lol, ya that was my major issue with my Macbook, other than that it's the stupid Intel chip, but I can't squarely blame Apple for Intel chips running so hot. I can only blame them for using Intel chips.
xboxrulz

But you can blame them for leaving the exhausts covered or doing a bad job at applying the thermal interface material ;) . But then again, every computer/laptop has it's flaws ... my Dell laptop loses screws ^_^ .

Putting the volume up that high drives the hardware too hard and you get excessive distortion. Get a pair of higher wattage speakers and run em from the headphone jack, or use AirTunes, or use A2DP to get better sound
Apple didn't nerf the hardware with a firmware update...they capped the speakers at their rated output maximum so they don't have to support crappy sounding speakers from people that don't know better than not to overdrive their speakers.

Actually, if you pull it to 150% volume, the speakers don't distort. It only starts doing that at around 200%, but there's no reason for me to pull to 200%. Also, for some people like me, who bring laptops to school, it's not really an option to bring external speakers when showing videos to others.

But you can blame them for leaving the exhausts covered or doing a bad job at applying the thermal interface material ;) . But then again, every computer/laptop has it's flaws ... my Dell laptop loses screws ^_^ .

lol, I've seen other laptops from Acer, HP and even Sony have CPU temperatures up to 80 degrees Celsius if they run Intel Core 2 chips.

Yes, Apple's exhaust isn't the best, but still, these chips run hotter than the G4, which they should just went with the PA6T. 25W or less on desktops/servers, so I would imagine even less for laptops. Even if they truly didn't want to stick to the PowerPC instruction, at least they could have went with AMD.

xboxrulz

I wonder if there is any such solution for my ibook g3 700 laptop. The speakers sound wayyyyyyyy too soft. I would bet that your warranty would be messed up if you tweak your Mac like that, though. So best be careful.