xisto Community
wear428

Update! Anti Virus For Flashdrive Only (v1.7.0)1315 (v1.7.0)1315

Please, be slightly more explicit. What is this ? Did you test it ? Does it work like it's supposed to ? Are you satisfied with it ? Please let us share your own experience, or simply your good or bad feelings.RegardsYordan

Yeah this seems really fishy to me... I'm not going to download a so-called "anti virus" application on my windows box that I heard of from some forum newbie (5 posts, at time of posting, come on) that doesn't even come from a company's site (it's a free upload site) or offers any indication what it does.I vote someone investigate this file, and if it's some form of malware, ban this joker. He's posted the link in I think 3 different forums.

As far as can tell so far is that the website that it is linked to is registered under a hotmail address (very legit), it seems to be a anti autorun application and not an anti virus application as advertised. It doesn't check as a virus with the latest comodo antivirus updates and i have submitted it to comodo for verification.I ran it under visualization and all it seems to do is stop programs on cd and flash drives from autorunning! I'll do some more checking into it when i have more time, but at the moment it just seems like a useless tool!

OK, if you look a their site, they clearly say :

Anti-Virus Flash Drive CPE17AntiAutorun0800 USB Flash Drive 2007
cpe17antiautorun1315.exe
Size : 136.00 KB

So, they frankly explain that it's an anti-autorun system, no more.

that I heard of from some forum newbie (5 posts, at time of posting, come on)

Sorry, ethergeek, but I think that the number of posts is not an argument.You know, when I wrote my first post on this forum, I already had 20 years experience in computer security, simply I never heard about Xisto before.
So, some experienced guys are probably existing somewhere in the world, and never postesed here. I'm pretty sure that Bill Gates never posted in the present forum, and I would at least hear what he would say.
So, the number of posts is not a good criteria. However, the content of the post is an independent criteria. And the content of the current topic has to be improved, and at least his author has to learn how to talk with us, and the type of arguments we are ready to acccept.
And, nevertheless, simply posting a link to a website is woth nothing, neither from the content point of view, nor for the earning credits point of view, the credit system does not really love short meaningless posts. I hope that all our comments will help wear428 learnong how to express himself a way we want to read him.
Edited by yordan (see edit history)