xisto Community
Iron Eagle

1 Terrabyte Dvd 1 terrabyte=1000 Gig

I was reading an article from my xbox magazine and scientists were coming up with theories about a disk with 1 terrabyte of space now the basic idea was to use multi layers of gold filming, it would be the same size as a DVD but the only problem was getting a DVD drive powerful enough to read the multiple layers of gold filming. has anyone else heard about this?

Haven't noticed any articles similar to that recently, but of course scientists are always woking on faster, better, smaller in size, bigger in amount, so yea it's possible they are wandering about that

I remember reading an article similar to this a long time ago, although I don't think it was a terrabyte they were thinking it would be possible to run, though I would imagine it could certainly happen. It would be very cool (sad when your DVD has so much more storage than your HD :) ).

lol yeah happened to me before. Had a 3GB hard disk and 14GB DVD, lol that was fun, I actually tried to use the DVD as a hard disk but it burnt out the disk after a while although it was cool. Im now on a 80 + 160 GB disks but I want a 1TB HD, got a link to this on the web? A class 5 (is that right) laser should be powerful enough shouldnt it, but then they cost quite a bit.

this is possible because the layers could be fat enough to read, but the players will take time between each layer and its annying as i haveloads of films that stop in the middle and then you have a ten second period where you cant see anything then it turns back on

I seriously doubt it would need to preload 20GB in advance to be effective, I think you could have it less than 1GB and still be more than enough of a preload to solve any delay that could arise from the switch between layers.

I havent heard anything about this either. Dont you guys think that that will be going too far? what kinda DVD drive will be able to read a multiple layered DVD disc?well, I hope they will be able to come up with the compatible DVD drives anywayz.

I Terrbyte

1 Terrbyte that would be cool, I have a 300GIG Hardrive at the momentn but i need a bigger one 1 Terrbyte would be nice!!

Yeah I Have read articles about this disk on APC, They do have a DVD drive which could read it, but they are going through tests, Ihave heard that it would come out in Late 2006. I would prefer a 1Terrbyte Hardrive more than a Disk, A Disk you have to wait and burn stuff onto it, if you want to delete the files you have to wait another 10min. But if you have a hardrive you dont have to wait. 1 Terrbyte thats cool!!

From

.::DAMAN::.

1 terrabyte disks?! 0_0dam, thats some mass compression... technology just wizes past nowadays.... my HDD seems so small in comparrison to dvds now. T_T only got it 1/2 a year ago aswell haha.

By the internet speed more more quick & the disk getting bigger bigger their will be more DVD films online to show.Just After the IP V6 gotta it's reality run.

i don't really know what your talking about... but my mum went to china/hong kong like last month and brought back home a new dvd player as in a new version it plays something else but i duno what ... there are like new dvd's coming out? she told me it was fairly expensive... it's not what your talking lol. but it's new? She told me it isn't out anywhere yet but only in china because thats where they make them.