xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Impious

[photoshop] (sign) Round Border

Maybe this is a new fashionable coming. Nevertheles some people who enjoy this style does not know how to do it yet. In the end it will be like this:

Posted Image

But the background have to be like the background forum, to get transparency effect. Like this:

Posted Image

Lets start the "How-To":

First Step: Make your sign as usual.

Second Step: After that make a new layer above all the other ones. Then choose the Rounded Retangle tool and put it path method, by clicking at the square with a pen, like this:

Posted Image

Third Step: Make two square with the chosen tool as the way you want your border. I did this:

Posted Image

Fourth Step: Open the Paths window(Window -> Paths). There will be a layer called Work Path. Click with right bottom on it and click on Make Selection. That will let your Rounded Retangle Tool paint ready to be cuted out. After that click again with right bottom at Work Path and then Delete Path. Done, now just use the delete key to erase the selection and yout paint will be done.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yours, Impious.

Very informative tutorial. I think your design banner looks very good. I haven't really heard of that style, but I think it is a good idea... I wonder how many different banners could keep a unique flair, but the breakaway borders makes it more roomy and gives more flow instead of having a solid color throughout with fonts here and there. Very well done.