xisto Community
Grafitti

Acer Arcade Software is it possible to download?

I've got an Acer Aspire 5611 laptop, which was a replacement for another that went bad. This one didn't come with any software or windows installed, I had to get a new copy for it. I've been able to download all the acer drivers and the acer utilities sets, but I can't find anywhere to download the Acer Arcade software, which seems to be a requirement for being able to use the dedicated media buttons on the side of the laptop. Does anyone know where I can find this, or if it's even available? Searching for ideas, I've found one thread that said to use the advanced search function on Acer's website, but it doesn't work for me. Only the regular search button works. It's also a little irritating to find that Acer doesn't have any live technical chat support. With my previous compaq model i was able to chat them up anytime when something went wrong. Now I can't, and on the website the closest support center to me is singapore. Not exactly next door. Any suggestions are appreciated.

I've always find the Acer website useless. Never be able to find anything I need. From what I gather online, it seems that you can't download Acer Arcade directly from Acer's website. Maybe it's easier to get it from the guy who sell you the notebook, or ask him to burn you a copy.

That's a bummer... I guess I could get the guy to burn me a copy... still, for being such a large corporation, you'd think they'd offer better customer support.

Grafitti, I've got one from eMule, version 3.0. Another one still waiting to finish, version 4.52, quite slow. I'll PM you the url for the version 3. Btw, I'm still uploading, so try after an hour time.Let me knows if it works. Good Luck

do acer computer come with arcase software now? i got an acer computer in 2004 and it didnt come with it (the year probably explains the reason, lol)i agree with faulty.lee, i find the acer website really bad and useless. it doesnt help with any problems you have, also, once i had a sound problem and i went on the acer site to download a new driver, the one for sound turned out to be a graphics driver :l

Let me see if I could get a copy from my IT friend here, or from P2P network.

Please Please ... any chance i can get a copy. I have a acer aspire 9815 and have managed to reload driver and utilities after hard drive corrupted but need arcade

Replying to FeedbackerSeems the page is gone, anyone have any news on this? I also need arcade to get my Blu-Ray drive to work (nothing supports blu-ray as of yet, except programs from the manufacturers, in my case, Acer). -reply by Aera

reply to aera

Acer Arcade Software

Hi,

I've been having this same issue.

The link does work, just replace the 'H' with 'h' in .Html :)

-reply by acer_vista_user

You Need Acer Launch Manager

Acer Arcade Software

Replying to Grafitti

Hi,

Go to - http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Then look in Driver or vista/Driver and the driver you are looking for so the quick launch keys work is "Acer Launch Manager"

Hope this helps.

Dinthurt...

-reply by Dinthurt

wow thx

Acer Arcade Software

Replying to iGuest

Wow thx for the site and the corretion cause I bought my laptop with vista and I decided to put xp on it cuz I totaly hate vista? (are you shure? click continue... Are you shure?) that get so annoying so I sswaped the hard drives for xp and I have been looking for acer arcade for like 6 months lolz but thx again cuz I love watching dvds. If you play soldier front or knight online you can contact me on xfire... My user is kill0013 and thx again.

-reply by aspire 5315-2153

Replying to iGuestReplying to iGuestYou are right iGuest, these so many confirmation messages of vista when you try to do anything are really annoying and it drives me crazy. Hope they do some changes for that in the SP2, as vista to me seems better than xp for many other things.I recently bought Acer Aspire 4920 with vista included.There is no much help at acer website, but for any updates or re installation you only can access from your computer by going to windows mobility center. Thats why I have to keep everything intact. And maybe thats the reason why don't provide website help. Hope they will change this policy.Now am looking for help to bee able to watch avi, mpeg, and pars2 files on acer arcade or vista media player. Should you have any suggestion, pls let me know>Thanx-reply by Aspire

User Help

Acer Arcade Software

First let me thank you that NO registration is required here - how refreshing!

I bought an Acer notebook. It has Acer Arcade, but darn, when I try to find videos I have made it take me everywhere (folders) except where I want to go! It doesnt have a proper menu to be able to browse for what I want, just pops up folders to choose from, none of which are correct. Help! Is there a manual online somewhere.

Acer's website is probably one of the worst I have ever visited.

Oh yes I have Vista system.

-reply by Maria

problem with acaer arcadeAcer Arcade SoftwareI bought an ACER Aspire 6920, VistaI tried the upgrade, during the install I got an error mesage, a file could not be found, all I could do is pre the ignore button, now I am at Version 2.0.5814 and I cant wach a Blue Ray Dvd it seems to crap out just as the movie is about to start, I can see the previous and the big fedral warnning. I tried to change the vid setting, nothing works. Help!-question by adrian