xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xboxrulz1405241485

Activision And Vivendi Join Forces to create Activision Blizzard

In a whacky and surprising move, Activision and Vivendi S.A had come together in a $18.9 billion deal to merge Activision and Vivendi Games together to become Activision Blizzard. Both companies have been successful with Guitar Hero, Call of Duty and the World of Warcraft series.

More at Kwokinator.com

xboxrulz

This is really a surprise, I just hope that it will be a success, I am not to much of a gamer, but I know the games these companies made and published, not much comments really, just we need to wait and see :rolleyes:

I just hope that with the merger of Activision and Blizzard the games they will be producing will be of quality. Because Ive seen alot of merged companies not being impressive after the merger, for example, bandai and namco. Their games are stuck in the same realm since they started. Its cool that they kept the key gameplay but with the next gen tools out they have to up there game to be competing with other companies like team ninja, crytek, ubisoft...and so forth. Just keeping the same old boring technology is a waste of merger resources.

Some mergers were doomed in the beginning. However, I think Activision Blizzard won't really suffer much since Blizzard and Vivendi always produced top notch games. Activision is kind of a no duh on that part due to the commercial success of Guitar Hero III and Call of Duty 4 (fantastic game I must add, got it yesterday for my X360.)xboxrulz

Alot of people seem worried about this, especially thinking that Activision will basically use blizzard as a cash cow and take advantage of their IPs but personally I see it as a great occurrence. Personally I've been worried the last few years about the behemoth known as EA since they are becoming way too huge and are putting out alot of great games, but alot of shoddy remakes and rehashed sequels too. Frankly if companies are going to merge and become super powers of the gaming industry their needs to be more then one so that the competition factor stays in tact and we can continue to see competition produce the highest quality products.So all in all, I'm behind the merger :rolleyes: Also I agree, those two companies can't really be hurt by joining I dont think. I also imagine activision is smart enough not to mess with blizzard too much... they haven't released a non-amazingly well received product in longer then I can recall off hand so obviously they know what they are doing. Activision is unlikely to break a guaranteed source of continual income.