xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
HouseMD

Windows Xp Says That Folder Is Empty And Inaccessible While It Isn't...

Well I have a problem! Most of my folders are "Inaccessible" and "Empty" according to XP, but to TestDisk and other "File Recovery Programs" they are there... i'll show you some photos...

Posted Image - Command Line which shows that its accessible...

Posted Image - XP Saying its empty

Well I have a problem! Most of my folders are "Inaccessible" and "Empty" according to XP, but to TestDisk and other "File Recovery Programs" they are there... i'll show you some photos...

Posted Image - Command Line which shows that its accessible...

Posted Image - XP Saying its empty

More than likely, the software that you attempted to load there was protected in some manner, formated in an incompatible way, or corrupt!

If a reboot doesn't resolve your issue, then I don't see how you can get to the information you want!

Reboots usually release folders or files that the system has restricted access to because of the other user / program using the file error.

Perhapes if you told us what you were trying to do with the data, we could help you better.

vujsa

Well i was gonna play the GTA SA... And this is a newly installed windows, when i started it the first time windows ran chkdsk on D: and Fixed some Index files or security. Oh and by the way, i cannot delete those folders tried Unlocker... (Also Diskeeper says they are there)EDIT: OMFG I found the Problem!!! The Security Setting of the folder wasn't owned by anyone... so i made myself owner and it showed up :rolleyes:

Edited by HouseMD (see edit history)

I used to use the same technique to hide pr0n from my ex-gf when we were living together... needless to say she wasn't quite computer literate enough to actually know how to change permissions : )