xisto Community
TavoxPeru

10 Extremely Useful Websites To Stop Big Brother From Snooping On You

10 Extremely Useful Websites to Stop Big Brother From Snooping on You

I just read this excellent article that i think could be helpful for all of us, as it's name says it shows up 10 of the most useful website to stop spam, junk mail, etc.

From the article:

If you are tired of receiving junk mail, spam and annoying telemarketing phone calls, then this list is for you. If you desire to take steps to stop the snooping from the government, hackers and marketing agencies, then this list will show you the way to privacy freedom.
People probably donĂ¢t realize, just how often and in how many ways that total strangers are snooping in their lives. Whether the snooping means are video cameras, cell phones or through the Internet there are thousands of businesses, people and governments all up our personal business and lives.

Every time a person fills out a contest entry, sweepstakes form, survey application or joins an online community, then chances are the personal information that is used to complete these things are sold, rented or shared with second and third parties without our knowledge.

Most reputable companies or websites will have a privacy statement that explains clearly how they will use the personal information that they collect from their members or customers. Not all websites or companies are reputable, so it is extremely wise to read their privacy statements before handing over any revealing or personal information about you to strangers

Read the complete article at: 10 Extremely Useful Websites to Stop Big Brother From Snooping on You

Best regards,

Yeah, I'm wary of that idea too...if you want to not be hassled, give websites fake information except for email addresses. For email addresses, use spamgourmet.I sign up for **** all the time with my spamgourmet account; I get my mail in my main email account (no checking a second, junk account) and when they sell my email, I don't get spammed because I either set the exclusive sender up for that address, or just let it run out of messages and let spamgourmet trash everything sent to that address.

Personally I too just follow the spam account method. I sign up for alot of stuff with my main gmail account but the spam filters on it work wondrously, maaaaybe 2 spam emails have ever slipped through and as far as I know I've never had an email incorrectly marked as spam. That said I do use the spam account to sign up for things on sites that are painfully sketchy looking, but for anything that looks even semi-legit I just goto town and hope for the best and it hasn't been a huge problem yet.Use an email system with decent spam controls and you shouldn't have to worry too badly :rolleyes:

What also works, if your like me and your are in a possition where you must check or verify that the email is coming from a legitamit source because of clients using other email address, sales leads, or some other prospect who was referred your email address, is to adjust your personal email settngs.Some stuff i do:1) block attachments, links, and pictures from automatically appearing (does not verify your email)2) block stuff from 3rd party sites (does not verify your email)3) setup your online mail/local mail client to show meta information (Check)4) use filters to sort noteworthy email to folders, also helps when archiving/sorting. (Check)5) Look at the name of the email sender (eg sender@something.com) does it look familar (Examine)6) Look at the subject to see if it is relavant to your business or a response to something you've done recently (Examine)7) If number 5 & 6 look suspicious try visiting the web site to see if it looks legit (in another browser - if you use IE try Firefox, or if you use Firefox try IE)8) NEVER click the links to Opt out of a service/newsletters - see 9 (usually just verifies your email)9) just mark the sender as SPAM or junkmail so you wont have to be bothered again.10) from time to time check your SPAM or Junkmail folder to see if your SPAM or Junkmail filters are not capurting the wrong stuff.11) Antiphish/ spoofing technoligies, pop-up blocking, and other online mail mechanisms are usually available but they have to be configured. (Look into it cause there may be changes/updates over time.)I hope this helps who ever reads it.Levimage

Yeah, I'm wary of that idea too...if you want to not be hassled, give websites fake information except for email addresses. For email addresses, use spamgourmet.
I sign up for **** all the time with my spamgourmet account; I get my mail in my main email account (no checking a second, junk account) and when they sell my email, I don't get spammed because I either set the exclusive sender up for that address, or just let it run out of messages and let spamgourmet trash everything sent to that address.

Yes, spamgourmet is a very useful site, i also have an account there to do exactly the same thing.

The spam filter system of GMail is one of the best system i know, going further, i consider it THE BEST spam filter system, but, nothing is perfect and sometimes it fails.

Best regards,