xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Feung

Canon Vs Vista

I was damn frustrated when i get to know that Vista OS was not recognise by some of the old printer, camera and other things from Canon. Only certain printers are compatible as there is no new version of driver for this gadget that is compatible in Vista. Damn...

It's not because it's officialy not supported that it won't work :) . You can always try to use drivers made for XP B) .This is how I got an Artec AM12U+ scanner that only worked up to 2K working on XP, I simply used the 2K drivers :rolleyes:

You can force to install emulated version of the closest Canon model as a workaround. This applies to printers only. For Canon camera, just insert the flash card to the reader, unless you're doing a remote capture. Then you're S.O.L.The key reason for the right driver is to print in highest resolution that the printer can offer matched by what your computer is feeding to the printer. This is useful for crisp text printing or high photo printing.The possible workaround is as follows: PDF does not require special drivers to print in optimal level. PDF provides its own postscript emulator that can pretty much print exactly what's on PDF to any printer--the real beauty in why PDF is awesome. So how do you get your documents and photos as PDF? Well, for the longest time my IT teams and I have been using PDF print driver called BullZip. BullZip allows you to output any printing to PDF on the fly. Yes, on the fly. So with your usual Files > Print > select printer, you would choose BullZip instead. And viola~ instant PDF of anything you want to print. Using Adobe Acrobat Reader you can now print your PDF.It's a working theory so let us know how it goes.