xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
x2envi

Suggested Online Rpg Games For Hosted Site are there any?

Im a fan of online multiplayer games that you build imaginary towns and attack someone else.. i forgot the name... Im also into ragnarok, I know you need a lot of things with it when you want to host. I have a 250mbishhh free hosted site and is there a nice php/sql kinda game that i could put to my site so that me and my friends could hook into?

You will need more than a 250mb site to be hosting a online rpg, most people that host private servers are using some servers that they bought to handle the traffic, or they set up their powered up computer to handle the traffic. A lot of time and effort is used to host mmorpg type of games. For example, from my understanding I know you need a server to handle the avatars, a separate server to handle the enemies and monsters, and another separate server to handle the environment, and so on. So yea you can get the point by now that a 250mb wont do. Maybe you can get the game up and running on your host, doubtful, but maybe. But even if you do, you wont be able to handle the traffic that will be coming through to your server. And most likely your host would shut you down for using up all your allocated bandwidth. But I believe it even goes a step further where you would have to modify the scripts for the game to work with your server, otherwise you would have a dead server which you are not able to do anything but just see the world. All the gameplay would probably be broken. If you are capable of achieving on hosting a server for a game though, I give you much props because it is a lot of work, and not many private servers survive the day even with their hardcore equipment to host the games.