xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
icash

Need For Speed Pro Street New game?

I have heard about this game in a few places, and I think that it has been released.Has anyone played pro street, is it any good? Any new features compared to normal NFS (carbon, underground 2, etc) ?

Well i have seen a video review of it and i must say that I am not impressed at all by this release.It seems like they have changed the game now so that you can only go in carrear mode and only ride on events, there is no free roam anymore and whats even more dissapopinting, the cops are gone totally from the game!!WTF I hear you cry!! yes no more driving around for ages causing massive crashes with the police cars.The same sort of events are included like speedtrap and timeattack, also there seems to be more drift racing;( wow the worse point of the game in the last few releases so what do they do ? extend that function!Also the review I saw went crazy for the amount of advertising thats ALL over the game, they showed screenshots and on the screen they highlighted like 30 ads per frame as you went round a corner;(All in all a VERY BAD release ;( its such a shame cos Carbon was good, I was expecting more of teh same but better for pro street, but it looks like im going to be let down ;((

I, on the other hand, though I haven't gotten it yet, think I'll be happy with it. I did like the free roam option, as well as the cops, and so I still keep the Most Wanted on my computer, as that was the best of that genre. But I liked the new stuff they put in Carbon... the (compared to previous versions) realistic drifting and the touge racing. It's just one more in the series, as far as I'm concerned. I've always wanted damage to show, since everyone I race with seems to use the walls as an extra steering wheel. Since I drive by actually steering the car, I now have a huge advantage over them. That said, I read in several reviews how NFS is releasing the series in too quick succession, and I agree with that. Even stuff like the choppers, which they took out of carbon because it was too much work. I would rather they doubled the wait time between releases, and put more into the coding.