xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FirefoxRocks

What Makes A Signature Good?

There are lots of people doing signature designs out there, but my question is: What makes a signature good?How do you differentiate from a legible signature from an awesome one?They all look unique to me, I Find each one of them being well done. Things that annoy me are flashy things, and those are quite uncommon.Can people give some ideas as to what I should do to create a good forum signature? Thanks.

What I think is the Signature should have color but not too much. Shouldn't Be too big or too small. When having a Signature always have an avatar for some reason it Looks way better. And for the perfect signature make a signature and ask someone what is good about it and what you need to change. After that you'll have a decent Signature. :rolleyes:~Wii

I think as long as you don't clutter up your space and make it too busy, I think anything could go nowadays. I have noticed the usage of the new userbars, and sometimes relative banners are in use... I get bothered by repetitive banner or image placement. I think it is a waste of space and a bit tacky.I say that do whatever feels comfortable and fun for you... if you do something that doesn't seem like your preference, then you will continue to wonder why you made or added it to your signature, and it will be there every time you post, comment and or reply on the forums.Be yourself and be creative.-- skedad --

Well, I don't really like using image signatures simply because you have to make them according to the guidelines by the place you're using them at (sometimes they're different, especially about sizes and file types) and then you have to upload them. Too much work for me. (Yes, I can be quite lazy.) But a good image signature for me does not include flashing GIFs (especially like those banners that continuously flash between black and white with bright red text saying that I've won a million bucks - just NO). They can't take up too much space or take too much time to load, because on a thread, you might have 15 users' posts, and if each post had a signature that took fifteen seconds to load, I think I might go crazy.I like text signatures. They load fast, don't take up too much space, and can be just as cool and creative as an image signature. Plus, it's much easier to update. Come up with a witty saying, or put a quote that you really like. Just make sure the colours and fonts don't clash, or it'll look bad. I also agree with skedad on the fact that you have to do what's comfortable to yourself. If you don't like your signature, then it's not really your signature, is it? It doesn't define you. So, do make something that you like, as long as it adheres to good design and file size and dimension limits.Serena