xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xboxrulz1405241485

My X360 Failed

As I would like to hope, the unthinkable had happened, my X360's GPU fried. Then again, I don't blame it since it does most of the work while the CPU lays back and just do some menial math calculations and passes everything back to the GPU to handle the I/O, North and Southbridges.

More on it here: https://kwokinator.com/wallpapers-room_com___digital_aurora_dark-blue_by_martin-matjulski_1920x1200-jpg/?a=topi%3Bt%3D81

I'm actually quite not happy about it being fried.

xboxrulz

lolwell then cant u just go for a walk or a drive or a ride or something up to the repair center?oh and do xbox's still rule :rolleyes: lolanyway u have 3 options, get it repaired, buy a new one, not bother with it.

At least its still under warranty, and lucky that microsoft are going to value the warranty even though the extended warranty is for a different issue. Still, its a bit of a bummer that you have to go get it fixed and all (lucky its a short walk!! :rolleyes:)

lol, I'm being evil and have Microsoft pay Purolator to ship my box to their centre. The repair is free, so what the hell, I'll take their replacement.As for my XBOX Live, they should give me a free 1 month XBL card 'cuz it'll be a month since my box died and I can't play my XBL and I'm paying for it. That's the main downside.I bit of a nuisance, but good thing I don't buy anything on XBL or else I will have to buy it again since they are replacing my XBOX 360.xboxrulz

yeah i never thought if xbox live (probably cos i didnt no u used it and ive never used it and i never think about it)youd wanna hope u get a free month or something if youve paid for it.i thought that it just made you an account and then like you just download stuff that u buy off of that so if u use another xbox or get a new one u could just download it again.

No, because the hard drive is removable, they don't want you to share things with your friend or copy it into another hard drive due to DRM restrictions. The files are only licensed for that XBOX 360 where you originally downloaded/bought from. Else, you must connect to XBOX Live whenever u want to access those files for verification.xboxrulz

As people say, take it to the Microsoft repair center or a authorized third-party repair center. But I would not suspect the Xbox 360 doing that. You got a few choices:o MS Repair (recommend warranty)o 3rd Party Repairo Purchase a new X360o Move your body with a Wiio Experience BluRay on a PS3o Get a few games for the PCo Buy a PS2o (the hated one) Don't have a console at allxxxx-jozh-xxxx